Senior Payroll Specialist (f/m/x)
18 days ago
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
Siemens Gamesa has a vision for renewable energy: we believe in the power of nature and technology. Help us to be ready to face the energy challenges of tomorrow and make a green footprint – join the team in creating a better future for us on our planet.
We focus on hiring the best people, wherever they may be in the world. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company. Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
In our culture of trust, we focus on empowerment, diversity and continuous learning. Valuing our people is what makes us one global team, with our colleagues’ safety at the heart of our organization.
How to contribute to our vision
- Demonstrable experience governing an outsourced payroll (NGA HR/Alight, etc..)
- Ability to review payroll control reports i.e. variance reports, identify problems and ask the right questions before final payroll approval
- Stakeholder and vendor management capabilities
- Process payroll specific transactions, such as timecards, direct deposit elections, commission, pension and / or benefit and bonus processing and allowance payments.
- Processes routine payrolls for one or more organizational units or pay groups.
- Assists with creation, transmission and processing of routine data files such as time files, payroll account files or service providers´ data files between various business partners.
- Maintains routine time reporting or accrual systems and processes.
- Perform random calculation and ensure that incorrect pay slips are adjusted accordingly from the outsourcing provider
- Prepares and distributes various payroll reports for clients and management.
- Responds to inquiries from clients or employees related to payroll and administration.
- Processes garnishment orders, withholding orders or levels including facilitating payments to agencies.
- Completes company specific payroll configurations and analyses for specific business cases, i.e., for mergers, acquisitions or integrations.
- Support transformation project as required
What you need to make a difference
Passion for renewable energy and a sense for the importance to lead the change. We are also looking for…
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration or a combination of experience and education
- Significant years of payroll processing experience in Germany, preferably in a global environment
- Knowledge of German employment and German tax law, social security, governmental reporting and basic understanding of accounting principles information
- Fluent in English, verbal and written (at least C1)
- Experience with payroll software (such as ADP, Oracle, Ceridian, Kronos etc) and cloud solution (such as Alight euHReka/HrX etc) would be preferable
- International payroll experience combined with Project Management would be beneficial
- Experience of working with an outsourced payroll provider
- Payroll Transformation experience and strong Excel skills are required
- Proactive, flexible, assertive, with a creative approach to problem-solving
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to adapt communication styles for the appropriate audience
- Detailed oriented and accurate working style with the ability to meet deadlines and the ability to set priorities and respect for the confidentiality of payroll
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in Germany
In return of your commitment, we offer you…
- Become a part of our mission for sustainability: Clean energy for generations to come
- A global team of diverse colleagues who share passion for renewable energy
- Trust and empowerment to make your own ideas reality
- Personal and professional development to grow internally within our organization
- Flexible working hours as well as home-office
- Employer-funded pension
- Attractive remuneration package (fixed/variable)
- Local benefits such as subsided lunch and public transport tickets, employee discounts and much more
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Our global team is on the front line of tackling the climate crisis, reducing carbon emissions – the greatest challenge we face.
Severely disabled applicants are encouraged to reach out to us. We have inclusive recruiting processes specifically for severely disabled persons in Germany and we do our utmost to tailor working spaces to suit your individual needs. In cases of severe disability, applicants who are equally qualified will be given preferential consideration.
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.