Senior Operations Manager (f/m/x)
15 days ago
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
Siemens Gamesa has a vision for renewable energy: we believe in the power of nature and technology. Help us to be ready to face the energy challenges of tomorrow and make a green footprint – join us in creating a better future for our planet.
We focus on hiring the best people, wherever they may be in the world. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company. Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
In our culture of trust, we focus on empowerment, diversity, and continuous learning. Valuing our people is what makes us one global team, with our colleagues’ safety at the heart of our organization.
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager profile to take over responsibility for our German offshore Service Projects Hohe See & Albatros. As Service Operations Manager you will lead and manage a service contract including full responsibility towards the customer and under active involvement of internal Siemens Gamesa stakeholders. Due to the size and complexity of the project in question we are looking for candidates with many years of experience and a proven track record in similar projects or roles.
How to contribute to our vision
- Proactively drive HSE through visible safety leadership and suitable programs. Set standards, expectations, guidelines and establish a strong safety culture to achieve an incident and injury free project execution in alignment with our zero-harm ambition.
- Plan and manage service operations, adopting our principles throughout the execution phase to ensure maximum availability and optimal cost while meeting project schedules and key operational targets.
- Build and manage customer relationships through effective and systematic communication. Ensure contract requirements are met and claims managed systematically. Ensure close collaboration with the customer based on joint targets.
- Assume responsibility for financial performance of the project in terms of gross profit, revenue, cash flow and project related assets. Identify and manage risks & opportunities systematically. Identify opportunities for aftermarket sales and execute respective services jointly with relevant stakeholders.
- Report regularly on operational and financial performance based on the project plan and defined KPI. Ensure leadership is aware of critical issues and prepare decision making where necessary.
- Drive and encourage innovation, continuous improvement and standardization in own area of responsibility and beyond.
- Lead, mentor and develop the operational team in line with our corporate values.
What you need to make a difference
Passion for renewable energy and a sense for the importance to lead the change. We are also looking for…
- A degree in engineering and/or business
- Strong relevant business experience in a comparable role – preferably in the offshore wind business or in another relevant field
- Passion for operations and safety
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Profound experience in managing and developing strong and trustful relationships with customers and other internal/external stakeholders
- A positive attitude towards challenges and change
- Product knowledge and a project management certification will be considered an advantage
- Professional level of English (written and spoken); German skills are also considered an advantage
In return of your commitment we offer you…
- Become a part of our mission for sustainability: Clean energy for generations to come
- A global team of diverse colleagues who share passion for renewable energy
- Trust and empowerment to make your own ideas reality
- Personal and professional development to grow internally within our organization
- Flexible working hours as well as home-office
- Employer-funded pension
- Attractive remuneration package (fixed/variable)
- Local benefits such as subsided lunch and public transport tickets, employee discounts and much more
Become a part of our mission for sustainability: clean energy for generations to come. We are a global team of diverse colleagues who share a passion for renewable energy and have a culture of trust and empowerment to make our own ideas a reality. We focus on personal and professional development to grow internally within our organization. Siemens Gamesa offers a wide variety of benefits such as flexible working hours as well as home-office possibility for many colleagues, employer-funded pension, attractive remuneration package (fixed/variable) and local benefits such as subsided lunch, employee discounts and much more.
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Our global team is on the front line of tackling the climate crisis, reducing carbon emissions – the greatest challenge we face.
We believe diversity creates more opportunity for success. That is why we recruit great minds from all walks of life: it does not matter the gender, age, ethnic background, sexual orientation, or disability. Our main aim is to find people from around the globe who can contribute to world-changing technology
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.