Project Commodity Manager Crane and Site Installation (f/m/x)
23 days ago
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
Siemens Gamesa has a vision for renewable energy: we believe in the power of nature and technology. Help us to be ready to face the energy challenges of tomorrow and make a green footprint – join the team in creating a better future for us on our planet.
We focus on hiring the best people, wherever they may be in the world. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company. Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
In our culture of trust, we focus on empowerment, diversity and continuous learning. Valuing our people is what makes us one global team, with our colleagues’ safety at the heart of our organization.
As a Project Commodity Manager Crane and Site Installation (f/m/x), your responsibilities will be:
- You are responsible for coordinating the procurement activities in the areas of cranes and site installation for the portfolio of onshore projects of Onshore in the German market
- You will work closely with the project management team in order to define and execute the necessary procurement activities, ensuring that they meet the needs of our projects in execution. In order to achieve this, you will handle the tendering and awarding processes of specific projects in close cooperation with the involved parties
- You are responsible for defining and implementing negotiation approaches and strategies, and involve other stakeholders where needed to get the job done
- You will work with and develop an international suppliers’ base. The coordination takes place with the team of experts and key stakeholders to support the procurement process
- You are ensuring that the contents of the contracts are reflected back-to-back in supplier offers and supplier contracts
- You are supporting the Project team in clarifying non conformances and manage claims if needed
What you need to make a difference
Passion for renewable energy and a sense for the importance to lead the change. We are also looking for…
- You have received a university degree ideally in Civil Engineering. Other fields such as Business Administration, Economics or Engineering are also welcome
- You have significant work experience in the area of Procurement, preferably within Construction or Logistics, combined with good analytical skills.
- Alternatively, you worked in sales (e.g. as proposal manager/engineer) or project management for an energy or construction company
- You have good knowledge around contract law and possess strong negotiating skills, especially in international business relationships
- You have good technical and commercial skills
- You have got a service mindset, are capable to build bridges to your internal clients (Project Management and Sales organizations)
- You are able to work independently and in a structured way
- You are able to communicate fluently in English and German at all levels of the organization.
In return of your commitment, we offer you…
- Become a part of our mission for sustainability: Clean energy for generations to come
- A global team of diverse colleagues who share passion for renewable energy
- Trust and empowerment to make your own ideas reality
- Personal and professional development to grow internally within our organization
- Flexible working hours as well as home-office
- Employer-funded pension
- Attractive remuneration package
- Local benefits such as public transport tickets, employee discounts and much more
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Our global team is on the front line of tackling the climate crisis, reducing carbon emissions – the greatest challenge we face.
Severely disabled applicants are encouraged to reach out to us. We have inclusive recruiting processes specifically for severely disabled persons in Germany and we do our utmost to tailor working spaces to suit your individual needs. In cases of severe disability, applicants who are equally qualified will be given preferential consideration.
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.