Grid & Power Plant Control Engineer
13 days ago
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.Realizes the functional concept of systems in a project by technical detailed solutions.
Siemens Gamesa has a vision for renewable energy: we believe in the power of nature and technology. Help us to be ready to face the energy challenges of tomorrow and make a green footprint – join the team in creating a better future for us on our planet.
We focus on hiring the best people, wherever they may be in the world. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company. Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
In our culture of trust, we focus on empowerment, diversity and continuous learning. Valuing our people is what makes us one global team, with our colleagues’ safety at the heart of our organization.
We are looking for a skilled Grid & Power Plant Control Engineer to join our Solution Engineering team within the onshore SCADA & Regulators department. In this role, you will be dealing with grid code compliance related topics, mainly through analysis, design, configuration and testing of wind power plants.
The team is responsible for supporting projects in sales- and execution phase and to be the main technical interface towards client specialist and grid operators in the region.
How to contribute to our vision
In your new role as a Grid and Wind Power Plant Control Engineer you will be a main technical interface in relation to Onshore projects during the sales and project execution, and you will be responsible for specific grid integration and wind farm control related engineering tasks during the execution phase.
As part of this role, you will also:
- Analyze requirements for Grid integration of wind power plants.
- Design and configurate the control architecture for wind power plants with special focus on Grid Code Compliance.
- Conduct Grid Code Compliance field tests for onshore projects, including planning, data analysis and reporting.
- Developing/maintenance of Grid requirements test applications for different markets.
- Be the main technical interface to Grid Operators and client specialists.
- Be the regional interface between markets and R&D/CTO, e.g. defining requirement specifications for Grid Code Compliance related development.
- Technical expertise and support to project execution and sales teams.
- Performance based System Analysis on projects
What you need to make a difference
Passion for renewable energy and a sense for the importance to lead the change. We are also looking for…
- You have a strong technical background with B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree in electrical engineering, power system engineering and/or automation.
- You have several years of experience from the wind turbine business, grid developer/grid operator and/or SCADA/automation industries
- Experience with Power System analysis and tools like PSS/-E and/or PowerFactory is an advantage
- As a person you are self-driven, extrovert, analytical and able to create and maintain an overview of complex tasks
- At the same time, you are good at networking, and you possess excellent communication skills in English and German
- You are motivated by working in a strong technical and customer-oriented environment
- Ideally you possess experience in an intercultural environment
In return of your commitment we offer you…
- Become a part of our mission for sustainability: Clean energy for generations to come
- A global team of diverse colleagues who share passion for renewable energy
- Trust and empowerment to make your own ideas reality
- Personal and professional development to grow internally within our organization
- Flexible working hours as well as home-office
- Employer-funded pension
- Attractive remuneration package (fixed/variable)
- Local benefits such as subsided lunch and public transport tickets, employee discounts and much more
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Our global team is on the front line of tackling the climate crisis, reducing carbon emissions – the greatest challenge we face.
Severely disabled applicants are encouraged to reach out to us. We have inclusive recruiting processes specifically for severely disabled persons in Germany and we do our utmost to tailor working spaces to suit your individual needs. In cases of severe disability, applicants who are equally qualified will be given preferential consideration.
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.