Buyer WIND FARM SERVICES - NEME Project PROCUREMENT (f/m/x)
10 days ago
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
Siemens Gamesa has a vision for renewable energy: we believe in the power of nature and technology. Help us to be ready to face the energy challenges of tomorrow and make a green footprint – join the team in creating a better future for us on our planet.
We focus on hiring the best people, wherever they may be in the world. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company. Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
In our culture of trust, we focus on empowerment, diversity and continuous learning. Valuing our people is what makes us one global team, with our colleagues’ safety at the heart of our organization.
We are now looking for a Buyer to join our Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy Wind Farm Services- Project Procurement organization developing sourcing strategies for subcontracted services (e.g. cranes, preventive & corrective maintenance, blade repair, large correctives, oil changes, etc…) for our NEME Project Procurement department.
The position would be based in Hamburg. Additional locations like Newcastle (UK) or Sarriguren (ES) could be considered.
Main Roles and Responsibility to include:
- Lead the outsourcing of services for the windfarms in the assigned countries on behalf of Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy Service Business Unit.
- Collaborate with the Regional Service Operations on the definition and implementation of the commodity strategy.
- Support the commodity manager on the strategy setup using the feedback from regional cross functions and markets
- Implement Commodity strategies to ensure long-term, cost-efficient supply of service.
- Monitor the markets to create a basis for deciding the optimum sourcing strategy and cooperation with the best suppliers including supplier qualification and development.
- Provide purchasing assistance to support/design cost reduction activities with cross-function. Implement and report savings according to company targets.
- Comply with the Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy Procurement Policy and procedures in terms of reporting, issuance of documents and usage of the company IT tools.
- Prepare and conduct tenders with global & regional negotiations for medium to high Purchasing Volumes to obtain highest feasible savings;
- Lead awarding processes and issuance of contracts.
- Plan, monitor and report on relevant KPI to contribute to the success of the business and make results transparent
- Drive supplier claims
What you need to make a difference
Besides a passion for renewable energy and a sense for the importance to lead the change, we are also looking for:
- Engineering / Economics / Business Administration degree or equivalent.
- Significant experience in Procurement activities. Alternatively, several years of experience in Services activities on windfarm (Service Area Manager or similar)
- Fluent in English language. German would be a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and as an individual.
- Understanding of Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Understanding of Cloud Storage (Sharepoint, One Drive).
- Usage of Ariba platform will be a plus.
- Role will be based in Hamburg, alternatively Newcastle (UK) or Sarriguren (ES), with limited travel requirements.
In return of your commitment, we offer you…
- Become a part of our mission for sustainability: Clean energy for generations to come
- A global team of diverse colleagues who share passion for renewable energy
- Trust and empowerment to make your own ideas reality
- Personal and professional development to grow internally within our organization
- Flexible working hours as well as home-office
- Employer-funded pension
- Attractive remuneration package (fixed/variable)
- Local benefits such as public transport tickets, employee discounts and much more
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Our global team is on the front line of tackling the climate crisis, reducing carbon emissions – the greatest challenge we face.
Severely disabled applicants are encouraged to reach out to us. We have inclusive recruiting processes specifically for severely disabled persons in Germany and we do our utmost to tailor working spaces to suit your individual needs. In cases of severe disability, applicants who are equally qualified will be given preferential consideration.
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.