Project Risk Manager
30+ days ago
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
Siemens Gamesa has a vision for renewable energy: we believe in the power of nature and technology. Help us to be ready to face the energy challenges of tomorrow and make a green footprint – join the team in creating a better future for us on our planet.
We focus on hiring the best people, wherever they may be in the world. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company. Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
In our culture of trust, we focus on empowerment, diversity and continuous learning. Valuing our people is what makes us one global team, with our colleagues’ safety at the heart of our organization.
This position as Project Risk Manager is located in Vejle (DK) or Camberley (UK) and Gdansk (Poland)
How to contribute to our vision
As Project Risk Manager you will work across the global Offshore Sales & Projects organization driving the Risk Management process for several multibillion offshore wind projects to support them reach their objectives. You interact closely with the Project Manager, Commercial Project Manager, and Project Package Managers as well as perform regular senior management reporting on risk and opportunity developments.
- Join multiple project teams to communicate and implement the risk strategy. Act as risk & opportunity management key expert
- Collaborate with multiple internal teams to identify, track, escalate and help handle varying emerging risks and opportunity categories
- Follow up with various stakeholders as required, supporting the development and implementation of strategies to minimize risk and realize opportunities
- Create robust presentations, reports and correspondence to effectively communicate findings and recommended solutions
- Facilitate high quality decision-making and actions to improve project performance
- Facilitate workshops and ongoing project reviews to identify, assess, and manage threats and opportunities
- Influence portfolio optimization through effective management and reporting of threats and opportunities
- Identify and plan relevant responses with the project teams
- Drive implementation of risk and opportunity awareness culture in offshore organization
- Identify/implement best practices contributing to the continuous improvement of processes, tools, training, and templates
- Contribute, drive and support activities to continuously improve project performance
- Participate and contribute to ongoing risk strategy development framework
What you need to make a difference
You have successfully completed an MSc or similar in management, business engineering, or natural science. Ideally have:
- Solid Significant hands-on experience in the fields of Project and Risk Management and/or thorough experience within Offshore Wind or the Energy sector.
- Experience driving risk management value across portfolio of projects and as such versed in the management, tracking and reporting associated with Project Portfolio Risk Management.
- Strong interpersonal skills (communication, motivation, persuasion), proactive and capable of reaching out to different stakeholders
- A team player with excellent communication skills and an innovative mindset, but also the ability to work independently and lead on topics
- Considerable experience working in project teams focused on complex, mixed stakeholder environments, high value projects.
- Goal orientated, balancing task, team and individual needs to achieve the right outcome
- Drive, enthusiasm, initiative and a willingness to develop including that of the team efficiency and effectiveness
- Methodical and organised, a good facilitator and mediator able to resolve conflict
- Able to bring a global view
You are motivated by analytical work and have the desire to challenge status quo, and you have practical knowledge of Monte-Carlo models and interpreting the results (both cost and schedule). Lastly, you have great experience with the Office package.
You enjoy being systematic in your approach with a good technical understanding, and you like to work in an international environment having excellent English skills, written and oral. In this role it is a must that you have strong interpersonal skills as you will interact and work with people at all levels of the organization.
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
In return of your commitment, we offer you…
Become a part of our mission for sustainability: clean energy for generations to come. We are a global team of diverse colleagues who share a passion for renewable energy and have a culture of trust and empowerment to make our own ideas a reality. We focus on personal and professional development to grow internally within our organization. Siemens Gamesa offers a wide variety of benefits such as flexible working hours as well as home-office possibility for many colleagues, employer-funded pension, attractive remuneration package (fixed/variable) and local benefits such as subsided lunch, employee discounts and much more.
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Our global team is on the front line of tackling the climate crisis, reducing carbon emissions – the greatest challenge we face.
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send an email to the recruiter via
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the Job ID in the email.
Please apply in English via the apply button.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may NOT be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
For more information about working in Denmark, please see this link:
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.