Installation Vessel Specialist
14 days ago
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
Siemens Gamesa has a vision for renewable energy: we believe in the power of nature and technology. Help us to be ready to face the energy challenges of tomorrow and make a green footprint – join the team in creating a better future for us on our planet.
We focus on hiring the best people, wherever they may be in the world. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company. Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
In our culture of trust, we focus on empowerment, diversity and continuous learning. Valuing our people is what makes us one global team, with our colleagues’ safety at the heart of our organization.
For our Marine Operation department, we are looking for strong and dedicated Installation Vessel specialist to provide expert installation vessel knowledge for the internal project teams. As an Installation Vessel specialist, you will be involved in management of vessel and vessel interfaces to offshore wind installation projects.
In this position you can expect some travel activities.
What are my responsibilities?
- You are the primary interface for project teams providing installation vessel knowledge and services to our offshore wind farm projects prior to- and during the building phase
- Develop the Installation vessel market globally with key suppliers and interfaces with our turbine design group and construction specialist
- Development of technical solutions, budget development and implementation of strategic objectives
- Perform technical evaluation of installation vessels for the individual projects
- Being overall responsible for the daily operation of chartered installation vessels and being primary single point of contact to installation vessel providers & offshore contractors
- Being responsible, together with the procurement department, for the tender process for the offshore Installation wind farm vessels, including request for tender and evaluation of tenders’ charter party negotiations
- Being responsible for budgets and pricing strategy for installation vessels and offshore service providers
- Performing and reporting vessel inspections, vessel and company audits
- Supporting EHS (Environmental Protection, Health Management & Safety) in maritime matters
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You have a technical education at MSc level e.g. Naval Architect combined with experience from the maritime industry, preferably from vessel design, engineering & offshore operations
- Practical knowledge on WTG installation vessel operations, mobilization, DP2, jacking, installation, lifting, and leg extractions.
- Practical, theoretical and in-depth knowledge and understanding into jacking systems, deck layouts and lifting capabilities.
- In depth practical, theoretical insights to DP2 operations and navigational requirements and operation of the vessels in an offshore wind project in general.
- Insight and practical knowledge in documentation requirements and planning of an installation vessel prior commencement in a project: Understand and interpret SSA and soil information.
- Have practical experience with the MWS interface, deliverables and be experienced in MWS technical negotiations supporting the project team.
- Understanding of claims management
- Commercial and contractual insight to vessel contracting and commercial asset management.
- In addition, you are familiar with research, data collection and analysis
- You have a strong understanding of vessel regulatory requirements, design and performance
- You thrive in a multi-cultural environment and possess excellent communication and English skills both orally and in writing
- You will live up to high expectations to your performance from both management and colleagues.
- You will have a high degree of independence and are equally happy working in a close team environment.
- As a person you work with a structured and analytical approach with high ability to be self-driven and set ambitious and high demands, standards and goal for your-self. You shall be able to work with a team sprit mind but on same be able to make decisions, lead and clear the way on your own.
In return of your commitment we offer you
Become a part of our mission for sustainability: Clean energy for generations to come. We are a global team of diverse colleagues who share a passion for renewable energy and have a culture of trust and empowerment to make our own ideas a reality. We focus on personal and professional development to grow internally within our organization. Siemens Gamesa offers a wide variety of benefits such as flexible working hours as well as home-office possibility for many colleagues, employer-funded pension, attractive remuneration package (fixed/variable) and local benefits such as subsided lunch, employee discounts and much more.
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Our global team is on the front line of tackling the climate crisis, reducing carbon emissions – the greatest challenge we face.
If you have specific questions about the position, please contact the hiring manager Simon Werner via email: Simon.Werner@siemensgamesa.com
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiting team an email via email@example.com .Please mention the Job ID in the email.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may NOT be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation. Please apply in English via the apply button.
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.