Fort Madison, IA, United States
19 days ago
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.Operates mechanical production machines to manufacture parts and semi-products according to agreed engineering specifications, quality requirements and manufacturing time.
- Operates mechanical production machines to manufacture parts and semi-products according to agreed engineering specifications, quality requirements and manufacturing time.
- Perform the necessary skills that allow blades to be transported / maneuvered inside and outside the loading and storage areas.
- Transport materials to assigned areas and provide the necessary support for shipping goods and product to the identified internal and external destinations based on accepted industry and shop practices.
- Document and record all materials and products as required. Perform required equipment inspections for safe operation and delivery of the blades.
- Work with others as needed for the blade moving process.
- Sets up and operates with a non-specified or broad production machine environment.
- Organizes and uses machine related tools, and equipment relevant in production.
- Plans and lays out work, prepares components or semi-products and monitors related hand-stock.
- Processes the components or semi-products/products according to engineering specifications and quality standards.
- May perform basic machine-related CNC / SPS-programming, if required.
- Performs basic or specifically defined maintenance operations.
- Cooperates with maintenance technicians and/or external service providers in repair issues.
- May operate various types of mechanical production equipment/technology.
Required Knowledge , Skills, Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Passing score on General Equipment usage test.
- 1-2 years experience driving Forklift and Semi-Truck and Trailer.
- Acquire a fork-lift driving license by passing company test requirements.
- Demonstrate the ability to maneuver blades into and out of the respective work areas.
- Acquire blade transport certification.
- 5 years heavy equipment experience
To learn more about Siemens Gamesa, check out these videos:
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more,
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more,
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more,
To learn more about our benefits,
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.