Fort Madison, IA, United States
30+ days ago
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.Dismantles, repairs, assembles, installs and sets up electrical equipment, house installations and machines used in a production site.
- Plans and executes assigned maintenance projects.
- Dismantles, repairs, assembles, installs and sets up electrical equipment, house installations and machines used in a production site.
- Analyzes technical problems on site, and completes repairs and work orders, with specific reference to infrastructural electrical systems.
- Executes ramp up, set up and start procedures in order to prepare machines and equipment for operations.
- Contributes to installation projects on site, and support accountable Industrial Engineers.
- Supports maintenance of technical documentations of processes and equipment.
- May advise junior staff technically.
- Use all required safety equipment and follow established safety procedures.
- Receive and perform work assignments, oral and/or written from Group Leader, Team Leader, or Managers and work with or under the direction of engineers and contractors as needed. Accurately report findings of inspections to operations, Group Leader, etc.
- Document, organize, and retain all findings of evaluations and inspections in a timely manner.
- Interpret drawings, sketches, etc. to determine necessary tools and materials needed for assignments.
- Perform preventive electrical maintenance and routine repairs on all equipment and operating systems within the facility, including electrical boxes, wires, switches, gearboxes, transmissions, hydraulic & lubrication systems, injection, heating, and assembly equipment.
- Perform inspections on lifting equipment such as chains, cables, shackles, eyebolts, clamps, and lifting beams to determine the safe operating condition.
- Maintain records as required. Verify dimensions as needed.
- Keep work areas in a clean and orderly condition.
- Return tools to proper storage location at conclusion of job/shift operations.
- Utilize Lean and 5S principles. Support and apply team concepts in daily activities.
- Install materials by assembly, mounting, and fitting parts based on Siemens process requirements.
- Follow all applicable specifications and procedures regarding the performance of shop operations.
- Provide technical direction and training of other classifications as required.
- Work with individuals of varying technical and cultural backgrounds.
Required Knowledge/Skill, Education and Experience
- Must have Journeyman card
- Required 8+ years of experience as an electrician
- Preferred to have some experience in training and leadership.
To learn more about Siemens Gamesa, check out these videos:
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more,
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more,
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more,
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.