Planner / Buyer
Fort Madison, IA, United States
30+ days ago
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
- Performs a variety of planning and buying duties to support factory production.
- Evaluates raw material requirements.
- Manages daily supplier performance to ensure efficient purchase to pay process, including placing orders, expediting deliveries, and completing invoice processing.
- Primarily using SAP and Excel, plans, schedules, and coordinates production activities
- Assists with high-level factory capacity planning and load management.
- Assists production departments with scheduling issues and SAP movements.
- Helps manage BOMs and product structure.
- Helps report and manage labor routings.
- Works closely with corporate functions, such as Strategic Procurement and Quality.
- Supports continuous improvement activities in conjunction with Engineering and Lean
- Supports cost saving initiatives across the plant.
- Provides metric and scorecard reporting.
Required Knowledge/Skill, Education and Experience
- 2 years of relevant experience required.
- Business or Supply chain degree preferred.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States and will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
To learn more about Siemens Gamesa, check out these videos:
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more,
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more,
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more,
To learn more about our benefits,
click here .
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.