Fort Madison, IA, United States
29 days ago
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
Perform installation, repairs, preventive maintenance, and alterations to complex machinery, machine tools, lifting equipment, and fixtures. Record all required data of repairs and installations. Interpret and implement corrective actions from prints, drawings, and verbal instructions. Recommend appropriate corrective action in accordance with referenced specifications, accepted industry and shop practices. Perform mechanical construction work as required
The following are the major job duties but this job description does not preclude the performance of other duties by the incumbent.
- Receive and perform work assignments, oral and/or written and follow work instructions.
- Accurately report findings of inspections to operations, supervisor, etc.
- Document, organize, and retain all findings of evaluations and inspections in a timely manner.
- Interpret drawings, sketches, etc. to determine necessary tools and materials needed for assignments.
- Perform preventive maintenance and routine repairs on all equipment and operating systems within the facility, including gearboxes, transmissions, hydraulic & lubrication systems, injection, heating, and molding equipment.
- Perform inspections on lifting equipment such as chains, cables, shackles, eyebolts, clamps, and lifting beams to determine the safe operating condition.
- Maintain records as required.
- Fabricate, weld, and braze materials as needed.
- Install piping and conduit as needed.
- Enter and maintain data as needed for operating maintenance work order and log systems.
- Work with or under the direction of supervisors, engineers, and contractors as needed.
- Assemble, verify dimensions, and disassemble components or set-ups as required.
- Use all required safety equipment and follow established safety procedures.
- Provide technical direction and training for lower classifications as required.
- Keep work areas in a clean and orderly condition.
- Return tools to proper storage location at conclusion of job/shift operations.
- Support and apply team concepts in daily activities.
Required Knowledge/Skill, Education and Experience
- Fluent understanding of API laser tracking
- Surveying experience preferred
- Experience with Total Station and PC-DIMS preferred
- Diploma in a related field or combination of education and experience required
- Must have a high degree of competence in the use of the SAP Software systems
- Office 365 suite, Word, Excel, Power Point, SharePoint, Outlook
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills
To learn more about Siemens Gamesa, check out these videos:
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more,
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more,
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more,
To learn more about our benefits,
click here .
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.