Fort Madison, IA, United States
30+ days ago
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
- Assembles a range of standard parts, semi-products and/or components, and ensures respective quality.
- Relocation will not be offered for this role.
- Performs revolving assembly operations, which includes all electronic, electro-mechanic and mechanic assemblies or sub-assemblies.
- Organizes own handstock, constantly monitors availability of parts, and chooses appropriate parts or components, according to respective specification.
- Uses specific equipment and/or a range of specialized tools, and maintains functionality.
- May performs sight checks, functionality or general quality test routines and procedures
- Assists in resolving routine manufacturing related problems affecting daily operations.
- Receive and perform work assignments, oral and/or written and follow work instructions.
- Assemble and document blade assembly.
- Interpret drawings, sketches, etc. to obtain materials, tools, and dimensional information to perform essential functions of the job with minimal supervision.
- Set up, operate, and maintain a variety of equipment to assemble, inspect, and evaluate parts per accepted SGRE or industry standards.
- Insert the web and mandrels (dorns) as needed.
- Perform visual inspections of specific equipment and tools required for each task or assignment.
- Work with or under the direction of Mold Leads, managers, or engineers.
- Verify dimensions of materials used in the packing process.
- Follow all applicable specifications and procedures regarding the performance of shop operations.
- Use all required safety equipment and follow established safety procedures.
- Provide technical direction and training of other employees as needed.
- Keep work areas in a clean and orderly condition.
- Support and apply team concepts in daily activities.
Required Knowledge, Education, Experience and Skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to use hand & power tools and lifting equipment (gantry cranes).
- The employee must certify on packing standards for blades.
- Ability to read and understand metric measuring system
To learn more about Siemens Gamesa, check out these videos:
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more,
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more,
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more,
To learn more about our benefits,
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.