It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.This role is for a mid/senior level Contracts Manager working for the Service Business Unit of Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy. This role’s primary focus shall be the in-depth analysis, negotiations, and drafting of bid documentation and contracts, in association with the regional Sales team.
This is a regional role, joining a very diverse group of Commercial and Sales Managers, with responsibility for projects across the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region. This position reports to the APAC Head of Sales, within the Sales Operations team, working as part of the larger APAC Sales organization, and focusing primarily on high value and complex projects in the India market. This position will also closely work with the Legal Department, aligning contract requirements with Legal feedback and support.
The position is based in Chennai, India, and significant travel is expected (approximately 50% of your time).
Contracts Managers are generally responsible for the non-technical aspects of Service-related contracts and associated documentation. Involvement begins during the project bid stage, ending at contract signature and project hand-over to our Operations team.
Contract Managers are assigned on a per-project basis, focusing on high value/high complexity projects that require a negotiation team, rather than a single person. The negotiations are led by the regional Sales Managers, and closely supported by the Contracts Manager, and others. This role also plays a key role in risk management and is responsible for ensuring adequate compliance and approvals exist within the assigned contracts.
The scope of the contracts varies; however, most of the work is related to new and existing Wind Power project installations with long-term Operations & Maintenance agreements, ranging in value from $1 Million to $150 Million euros. Contract Managers may also be occasionally assigned to assist with contract disputes, claim settlements, and bespoke customized solutions.
- Lead and/or assist in client negotiations of Service-related Renewables Industry contracts, including drafting of terms & conditions, negotiating with opposing legal teams, and aligning with internal legal counsel.
- Analyze, comment, edit, resolve, and obtain approval for contractual terms & conditions.
- Participate as a key member of the Sales Team, including bid-strategy discussion, alignments, travel, and negotiations.
- Demonstrate ownership, and strong teamwork to regional/global management.
- Align and coordinate with regional departments, technical staff, and product specialists on complex tenders and sales opportunities.
- This is a commercial/legal focused role in a very technical field, requiring the ability to learn and communicate product/portfolio specifics, along with industry-specific technical terms and conditions.
- Must work closely with other members of the organization, both locally and regional.
- As a global organization, this role may require off-hours meetings and travel.
To accomplish all of this, you will have extensive training opportunities, both as formal - and on the job training. Training may require travel.
Additional job requirements:
Educational qualification: Any Graduate
Overall work experience: 8 to 15 years
- Proven working experience in contract management, and customer handling (at least 8 years in similar industry is preferred).
- Strong contract drafting skills and/or experience, to support active client negotiations involving large negotiation teams.
- At least 3 years of direct experience negotiating large volume (>5m EUR), complex contracts)
- Experience in the Renewables industry is preferred. Other similar industries shall be considered.
- Fluent in writing and speaking English.
- Significant experience in commercial negotiations
- College undergraduate degree in law or a related degree, is highly preferred.
- Ability to analyze and understand technical issues and learn general industry technical details.
- Strong communication skills and ability to synthesize information effectively through presentations and dialogue.
- Ability to travel frequently, with flexible work hours.
- Candidates with Legal experience or background are highly preferred.
From us you can expect all the support you need to get up and running. We understand the learning curve is steep and you will be part of a strong support team. Although this is primarily a commercial role, a technical background is highly preferred, due to the technical nature of the industry, equipment, and customer representatives.
For the right candidate this position is a gateway into a world of exciting global projects and opportunities, and the chance to support our move into a more sustainable world.
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.