Kumeyaay WF Service Site Lead Technician
Campo, CA, United States
7 days ago
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
The Services Lead Technician is responsible for leading troubleshooting crews and providing technical support to technicians in delivering quality work for the operation, maintenance, and warranty repair of wind turbine generators in a safe manner.
Relocation will not be offered for this role.
- Troubleshoot and provide support for troubleshooting crews for complicated mechanical, electrical and hydraulic components of wind turbine generators.
- Ensure that the performance of all mechanical, electrical and hydraulic maintenance, repair, and replacement of parts and components of wind turbine generators is completed in an efficient, quality and safe manner.
- Perform a variety of administrative duties including but not limited work orders, quality documentation, preventative maintenance checklists, site audits, health and safety documentation and other duties as assigned.
- Assist with, coaching, training, mentoring and corrective actions concerning employees and contractors.
- Coordination of tooling, parts and consumables inventories and ensure accurate and timely calibration of all tooling.
- Coordinate site activities when the Services Site Manager is off-site or unavailable.
- Follow all Gamesa Policies and Procedures and promote the Vision, Mission & Values of the Gamesa Services department.
- Promote a culture of continuous Quality, Health & Safety, and Environmental improvement and to share best practices across the fleet
- Complete training as required
- Performs other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Education, Experience and Skills :
- Related Work Experience Required 2 - 4 Preferred 5 - 8
- Required High School Graduate/GE Preferred Associate’s Degree
- Can additional experience substitute for education?: Yes
- Ability to work in a fast paced, ever changing environment
- Able to work independently or in a team environment and
- Spanish is a Plus
- Valid Driver’s License
To learn more about Siemens Gamesa, check out these videos:
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Siemens Gamesa Service Technicians
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more,
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more,
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more,
To learn more about our benefits,
click here .
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.