It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.Performs technical, mainly pre-defined tasks for accomplishing defined service delivery work for customer equipment.
- Performs mainly pre-defined, technical tasks (for example, basic commissioning of products and systems, integration of components to a system, basic engineering, maintenance jobs) and work packages on-site and remotely.
- Supports customer remotely and onsite, and provides 2nd and 3rd level user support in case of arising issues.
- Coordinates and accomplishes defined service operations and/or resolves product issues for customers equipment.
- Supports in generating sales leads for pre-defined service offers and contributes to planning activities.
- Adheres to defined processes and applicable regulations.
- Service and maintenance of wind turbines
- Troubleshoot errors on wind turbine
- Escalate technical issues to supporting engineering functions
- Although this position will have a home wind farm site, it will at times require supporting other sites across Canada, as needed
- Provide excellent service to our customers
- Participate in the development of new improved field procedures and best practices
- The working environment entails working inside the wind turbine enclosure at an elevated height of ~ 300 feet
- Ability to think clearly and maintain composure during stressful and or hazardous situations is a critical ability to working in confined spaces
- Extensive training and testing will be provided covering safety and technical job requirements
- Physical requirements of the job include but not limited to: Ladder climbing minimum 250 steps, up stair climbing, standing for long periods, walking, lifting, bending, twisting, work above shoulders, pushing, pulling, exposure to vibration, chemicals, confined spaces and extreme weather conditions
- Able to expand technical ability
- Capable of efficiently taking on additional roles and responsibilities at an operating wind farm
Required Knowledge/ Skills, Education, and Experience
- Driving is an essential function of the job and applicants must have a valid driver’s license at the time of application with an acceptable driving record. Employees must maintain a valid license and acceptable driving record and may be subject to periodic driver’s abstract checks
- Must be eligible to hold a valid Passport
- Physically and mentally able to work suspended from heights and in confined spaces
- Flexible travel schedule
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Be self-motivated, able to think quickly and address issues as they arise
- Demonstrated ability to work safely and effectively in a team environment
- Excellent customer service skills and communication skills are required
- Strong ability to organize and plan daily/weekly work with a high level of quality orientation
- Good computer skills, is competent in the use of Microsoft platforms like Outlook and Excel
- Must meet body weight restrictions of 265 pounds or less as required by the safety regulations
- Must pass a physical administered by a medical practitioner to ensure ability to safely perform the job functions and meet the physical demands of the position
- Must pass pre-hire background screening
- Must be legally able to work in Canada
Preferred Knowledge/ Skills, Education, and Experience
- Minimum of 6 months experience in a mechanical, electrical or industrial field
- Certification from a Renewable Energy or Wind Technical Program
- Hands on work experience as a Wind Technician on a Wind Farm
- Relevant work experience or demonstrated knowledge e.g. electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, maintenance/troubleshooting in a military, industrial or automotive industry
To learn more about Siemens Gamesa, check out these videos:
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.