Program Manager - Major Projects Retrofits / Campaigns
13 days ago
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
Siemens Gamesa has a vision for renewable energy: we believe in the power of nature and technology.
Help us to be ready to face the energy challenges of tomorrow and make a green footprint – join the team in creating a better future for us on our planet.
We focus on hiring the best people, wherever they may be in the world. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company.
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
In our culture of trust, we focus on empowerment, diversity and continuous learning. Valuing our people is what makes us one global team, with our colleagues’ safety at the heart of our organization.
The Program Manager - Retrofits is an integrated member of our dynamic and engaged Global Major Projects Team – which is part of the Service Industrialization Center under Global Operations. The Global Major Projects department is responsible for the global governance and improvement of our Major Projects Operating Model and to ensure the Operational readiness for Major Projects in Service. The candidate will work in an interdisciplinary team applying a proactive and structured approach to ensure Project Excellence in our regional Major Projects teams for large correctives and other advanced maintenance activities. Become part of shaping this newly established global function and work in an interdisciplinary and truly diverse and global work environment.
How to contribute to our vision
As a Program Manager - Retrofits it will be your responsibility to drive project excellence and process governance for our regional Major Project teams in the planning and deployment of retrofit and other Major Project campaigns. This role includes identifying and implementing opportunities for improvement in operational efficiency, resource optimization and cost reduction. You will provide operational support to the regional Major Project teams and determine the governance for Retrofit campaign deployment in partnership with other support functions and establish a structured approach for best practice sharing & knowledge transfer on a global level.
In this position you will be depending on establishing strong collaboration with stakeholders through positive attitude, cross-functional collaboration, and high level of communication.
What are your responsibilities?
- Partner with regional Major Projects Teams in the initiation, planning, execution and closure of retrofit campaigns to ensure successful deployment and drive Project Excellence and Continuous Improvement efforts
- Closely cooperate with regional Major Projects Teams to ensure sharing and deployment of best-practices and establish a culture of continuous learning
- Ensure strong focus on the implementation of global standards within the Major Projects area in partnership with the regions and to ensure value-add for our key operations in Service
- Identify opportunities for increasing efficiencies through bundling retrofits/ campaigns across sites and regions
- Identify, initiate and drive operational and strategic improvement projects within the Major Projects area
- Lead cross-functional project team(s) within Service and key interfaces to other functions including Onshore and Offshore business units
- Develop business case and prioritization for continuous improvement work in the areas of Operations process framework and calculate potential productivity impact
- Support the Service Industrialization management team with respect to concise summary of information and creation of management presentations, workshops and proposals.
Minimum of 5-8 years of relevant Project or Program Management and/or consulting experience, ideally in the wind or service industry. Experience with Major Component Exchanges, Retrofit deployment or other advanced maintenance activities in the wind industry are an advantage.
Passion for renewable energy and a sense for the importance to lead the change are important aspects to make a difference. Technical skills, finance skills and working with business cases are important factors that supports the candidate in this role. Strong English skills is a must.
What are your qualifications?
- University degree in management, business engineering, engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or natural science
- 5-8 years in project or program management of a large or mid-sized corporation with experience driving transformation projects
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to lead cross-functional teams are a must
- You are able to manage multiple projects and tasks based on priority
- Experience in the wind industry and familiarity with SGRE Platforms and/or Major component exchanges are an advantage
- You are structured and demonstrated strong problem-solving skills (strategic, quantitative and organizational / process assignments) taking a holistic end-to-end perspective
- Proven track record in the ability to communicate and interact with colleagues and collaborators at all levels in a large, complex and global organization
- Experience in Lean / Six Sigma methodologies in order to drive continues improvement concepts and problem-solving processes.
- You have shown ability to implement and bring concepts to live in a fast moving and changing environment.
- You are committed to deadlines and show ownership on your assignments
- International work experience e.g., as part of an international project team or working abroad: Including strong English proficiency.
- Team player with a can-do attitude, open to feedback from peers and managers and willingness to learn and develop
Location: Global position / Otherwise preferably Europe
In return of your commitment we offer you…
Become a part of our mission for sustainability: Clean energy for generations to come.
We are a global team of diverse colleagues who share a passion for renewable energy and have a culture of trust and empowerment to make our own ideas a reality.
We focus on personal and professional development to grow internally within our organization.
Siemens Gamesa offers a wide variety of benefits such as flexible working hours as well as home-office possibility for many colleagues, employer-funded pension, attractive remuneration package (fixed/variable) and local benefits such as subsided lunch, employee discounts and much more
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
How do you imagine the future?
Our global team is on the front line of tackling the climate crisis, reducing carbon emissions – the greatest challenge we face.
If you have specific questions about the position, please contact the hiring manager Lars Johannesen via email firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiter Gerd Veierskov an email via
Please mention the Job ID in the email.
Please apply in English via the apply button.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may NOT be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
For more information about working in Denmark, please see this link:
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.