17 days ago
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.2/2 Network Specialist for FY22 Projects
Siemens Gamesa has a vision for renewable energy: we believe in the power of nature and technology. Help us to be ready to face the energy challenges of tomorrow and make a green footprint – join us in creating a better future for our planet.
We focus on hiring the best people, wherever they may be in the world. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company. Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
In our culture of trust, we focus on empowerment, diversity, and continuous learning. Valuing our people is what makes us one global team, with our colleagues’ safety at the heart of our organization.
For the Software Solutions Digital Foundation & Infrastructure Network Platform team located in Brande, Denmark we are looking for a person to take a key role in the design development and maintenance of the network solutions for our SCADA platform used globally in all SGRE wind power plants.
How to contribute to our vision
The Network Platform team are looking for a new colleague to help us with developing the next stage of Cybersecurity and hardening of our SCADA network infrastructure. We are looking for new people who can:
- Be part of the cutting-edge cybersecurity developments happening in SGRE SCADA where we develop solutions adhering to the many new requirements coming from our customers.
- Assist with developing and implementing Network Automation in all aspects of the wind park network (buzzwords: Ansible, Yaml, Jinja, Terraform)
- Be part of the tooling development and maintaining of master data used on wind parks
- Design, develop, implement, test, document, and release of quarterly update packages
- Hardware specific projects where we test new components and their interaction with our systems
- Cooperate with our Server and Software colleagues on joint projects
- Assist with developing new features for legacy systems and retrofit projects
The Network Team consist of approximately 10 skilled specialists. We work daily in a SAFE Agile framework and have PI planning as well as daily stand-up, Iteration meetings, backlog refinement, Retrospective meetings, inspect and adapt as well as Pre-PI Planning meetings with key stakeholders.
We work out of Brande (DK) and Madrid (SP) and consist of a good mix of internals and externals.
What you need to make a difference
A passion for renewable energy and a sense for the importance to lead the change. We are also looking for a high interest in IT and network security.
What are our technical requirements:
- 5 years of work experience working with datacentre or industrial networking
- CCNA(or higher) certification level of network knowledge
- Specialist Knowledge of Cisco catalyst, Industrial ethernet, firepower, ASA and ISR concepts
The following are a big plus:
- Network Automation knowledge is a big plus (but not a requirement)
- Specialist knowledge of Palo Alto firewalls (3200, 800 and 400 series)
- Specialist knowledge of Hirschmann based network equipment is a big plus
- General knowledge of SCADA systems
- Knowledge of cybersecurity standards and compliance documentation concepts will be required to perform the documentation we need. (big plus, but can be learned in house)
- Knowledge and experience working with agile frameworks (SCRUM/SAFE)
What can we provide you:
- Flexible work hours
- A high focus on work/life balance were working from home is not only an option but encouraged!
- The ability to take a project from its inception, through analysis, design, PoC’ing, implementation, testing and documentation.
- A chance to work with both new and old hardware models and gaining insights into legacy systems
- Be part of a highly dedicated and efficient Agile team
- A work environment where we have minimized unnecessary meetings, so the focus is on doing the actual work
- The ability to be part of the green energy revolution and make a difference for our environment
In return of your commitment we offer you…
Become a part of our mission for sustainability: Clean energy for generations to come. We are a global team of diverse colleagues who share a passion for renewable energy and have a culture of trust and empowerment to make our own ideas a reality. We focus on personal and professional development to grow internally within our organization. Siemens Gamesa offers a wide variety of benefits such as flexible working hours as well as home-office possibility for many colleagues, employer-funded pension, attractive remuneration package (fixed/variable) and local benefits such as subsided lunch, employee discounts and much more
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Our global team is on the front line of tackling the climate crisis, reducing carbon emissions – the greatest challenge we face.
If you have specific questions about the position, please contact the hiring manager Jan Larsen via e-mail
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiter an email via email@example.com. Please mention the Job ID in the email.
Please apply in English via the apply button.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may NOT be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
For more information about working in Denmark, please see this link:
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.