It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.Drives and influences developments, technical value streams or technical processes within own field of expertise according to strategic needs, impacting the business.
Siemens Gamesa has a vision for renewable energy: we believe in the power of nature and technology. Enable us to be ready to face the energy challenges of tomorrow and make a green footprint – join the team in creating a better future for us on our planet.
We focus on hiring the best people, wherever they may be in the world. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company. Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
In our culture of trust, we focus on empowerment, diversity, and continuous learning. Valuing our people is what makes us one global team, with our colleagues’ safety at the heart of our organization. Read more about your future team and employees' stories
in our brochure.
The Offshore Generator Department is at the forefront of the latest Direct Drive Generator technology, where we utilize our own developed outer rotor, permanent magnet generator. The main design team is based in Brande and is staffed with highly skilled engineers working with state-of-the-art design tools. Furthermore, we have a design team based in Bangalore, India.
How to contribute to our vision
For our Generator Technology department, we are looking for a motivated senior electrical engineer, willing to take the lead role in projects. Our team implements new product development projects with the responsibility of all aspects related to generator electrical design.
- You will accomplish electrical design of Direct Drive generators and components and are responsible for technical documentation.
- You have documented knowledge within electrical rotating machines (motors or generators).
- You will be specifying and verifying electrical tests on the generator and its components.
- You will be planning and participating in test assemblies, collaborate with key stakeholders and suppliers.
What you need to do
- Deep technical domain knowledge within turbine electrical drivetrain
- Direct Drive generator concept development
- Owner of Technology development roadmap
- Collaboration across entire technology organization
- Identifies and selects components, materials, parts and semi-products appropriate for electrical system design
- Creates electrical models and tolerance analyses to simulate electrical design concepts
- Apply practical experience within generator manufacturing technologies
- Upgrades the design of existing generators by applying new technologies linked to roadmap
- Analyzes localization requirements and designs/adapts products and solutions accordingly
- Strong technical presentation skills
- Technical interface to key customers
- Support competence development of Generator department
What you need to make a difference
Passion for renewable energy and a sense for the importance to lead the change.
We are looking for a person who holds a BSc or MSc in electrical engineering, combined with 15-20 years of relevant work experience, typically within wind turbine industry, electrical machines, or power systems.
Extensive technical knowledge required from electrical machine industry (motors/generators) including technology- + product development, serial production, electrical fault finding, supplier and customer contact
Below skills are evaluated as an advantage:
- Test and validation of electrical components
- Knowledge of electrical insulation systems and validation
- Relevant manufacturing experience
- Measurement equipment for test and validation
As a person you are creative and structured, and you have a holistic mindset and high analytic skills. You have a leadership attitude to be a point of contact for engineers in the module. To enjoy our large international organization, you should be a dedicated team member, independent thinker and a skilled communicator with good networking skills and advanced English skills, both orally and in writing.
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways, your application is just as well appreciated.
In return of your commitment, we offer you…
- To become a part of our mission for sustainability: clean energy for generations to come.
- We are a global team of diverse colleagues who share an enthusiasm for renewable energy and have a culture of trust and empowerment to make our own ideas a reality.
- We focus on personal and professional development to grow internally within our organization.
- Siemens Gamesa offers a wide variety of benefits such as flexible working hours as well as home-office possibility for many colleagues, employer-funded pension, attractive remuneration package (fixed/variable) and local benefits such as subsided lunch, employee discounts and much more.
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Our global team is on the front line of tackling the climate crisis, reducing carbon emissions – the biggest challenge we face.
If you have specific questions about the position, please contact the hiring manager Jesper Valbjørn via phone +45 30376173
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiting team an email via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the Job ID in the email.
Please apply in English only.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may NOT be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
For more information about working in Denmark, please see this link:
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.