13 days ago
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
Siemens Gamesa has a vision for renewable energy: we believe in the power of nature and technology. Help us to be ready to face the energy challenges of tomorrow and make a green footprint – join the team in creating a better future for us on our planet.
We focus on hiring the best people, wherever they may be in the world. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company. Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
In our culture of trust, we focus on empowerment, diversity and continuous learning. Valuing our people is what makes us one global team, with our colleagues’ safety at the heart of our organization.
How to contribute to our vision
For our System Integration (SI) Department within the SW Division, we are looking for a skilled Product Owner & Team Lead to join our growing, dedicated and, global team. In the SW division we deliver quality SW to both new power plants but also to the existing fleet with tens of thousands of turbines.
In the System Integration team, we fulfill the role of a Solution level System Team in SAFe. Which means that we are responsible for; the SW test strategy, the enforcement of it, and the creation and maintenance of build- and test environments in which automated tests are executed. This involves both HIL setups and small to large virtual environments, thus handling both the hard real-time and large scalability requirements. Our CI/CD tools and services are hosted both in our own infrastructure and in the cloud. We operate 1 data center and 2 test labs.
The introduction of Continuous Delivery is a strategic goal of the division; our department team has been given the responsibility of introducing it. You will join an inspiring and high performing multinational team.
What are my responsibilities?
- You own the product backlog across our 3 DevOps teams, and with help from the Architects you drive the process of collecting the needs from stakeholders and transform them into prioritized features and stories for the team. During the development you are the stakeholders voice into the team and monitoring that the right work products are delivered on time and with the right quality.
- You are line responsible for the DevOps team members located in Denmark
- You take care of attraction and hiring of new candidates for the team and evaluating performance, including team input; providing input, guidance, and corrective actions
- You secure that the teams have a prioritized backlog ready for PI planning, which full fill our customer need, and at the end of the PI that we have also delivered what we have promised our customers
- You connect with the development teams to develop and maintain their transformation to Continuous Delivery by training the teams and leaders in DevOps from a high level to the actual implementation and follow up on DevOps activities in the team and identify improvement tso secure that we maximize our values and benefit of DevOps activities across the organization.
- You will in the days to day operation follow the teams closely to secure they always have the right stories to work with and when needed help them remove impediments. And by working with the team, you also secure that quality issues or story clarifications are done before delivery.
- Together with the DevOps team you find state of the art SW tools and make the decision proposals. You implement these tools in the development projects for them to move faster. As a member of the DevOps team, you carry the operational responsibility of these tools.
- You will be part of the Program Management team, where we steer and prioritize the activities in the department and drive initiatives at division level, which are anchored in SI.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You have an academic degree in Information Technology or Computer Science but your passion and experience with Continuous Delivery is most important
- You have experience in the Continuous Integration and Delivery way of working and the tools and mindset, which are needed
- You have strong people skills, that enable you to seek the needed results in an agile an environment.
- You have already worked as Scrum master or Product Owner in an Agile setup and knows how to plan and execute in an Agile way
- You are ‘hands-on’ and can get things done in a maintainable manner
- You have experience in applying agile software development practices (e.g. SAFe & SCRUM)
- You have some knowledge on GitLab, Gitflow, Artifactory, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes and Chef
- You have strong DevOps understanding of the state-of-the-art build and code level QA tools for C#, C++ and web development.
- You have basic knowledge of BDD, Cucumber - Ruby.
- You can coach a development team or an individual developer through the transition phase to a fundamental new way of working
- You are motivated by and interested in automation and development
- You take pride in getting the development projects working more effectively
- You are willing to travel
- You have good communication skills
- You have excellent English verbal and written language skills - a basic understanding of Danish is advantageous
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
In return of your commitment we offer you…
Become a part of our mission for sustainability: Clean energy for generations to come. We are a global team of diverse colleagues who share a passion for renewable energy and have a culture of trust and empowerment to make our own ideas a reality. We focus on personal and professional development to grow internally within our organization. Siemens Gamesa offers a wide variety of benefits such as flexible working hours as well as home-office possibility for many colleagues, employer-funded pension, attractive remuneration package (fixed/variable) and local benefits such as subsidized lunch, employee discounts and much more.
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Our global team is on the front line of tackling the climate crisis, reducing carbon emissions – the greatest challenge we face.
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please contact recruiting team via Tom Gratton on firstname.lastname@example.org Please mention the Job ID in the email.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may NOT be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
Please apply in English via the apply button with your CV and a motivational letter
For more information about working in Denmark, please see this link:
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.