It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
Siemens Gamesa has a vision for renewable energy: we believe in the power of nature and technology. Enable us to be ready to face the energy challenges of tomorrow and make a green footprint – join the team in creating a better future for us on our planet.
We focus on hiring the best people, wherever they may be in the world. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company. Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
In our culture of trust, we focus on empowerment, diversity and continuous learning. Valuing our people is what makes us one global team, with our colleagues’ safety at the heart of our organization. Read more about your future team and employees' stories
in our brochure.
For our Test Center in Corporate Technology, which is located at our global head office in Brande, Denmark, we are looking for a skilled Automation- & Programming specialist to join our innovative component test- and validation team.
- The Test center has the overall responsibility for developing test methods within the entire wind turbine product portfolio.
- The Test center is also responsible for developing new systems and methods for future tests of our products.
As an Automation- & Programming specialist you will become part of dynamic R&D environment in a large and international organization and join a team of 17 experienced colleagues working with development, documentation and execution of test- and validation projects, where we work with the latest and most advanced technologies within wind power, contributing to future green energy solutions.
How to contribute to our vision
In this role, you will work with development of test rig automation systems, user interfaces (HMI) using Beckhoff technology and potentially developing an automized testing framework for our newest and most complicated test rig ever.
You will be responsible for the continuous development of our Grid Converter Test Rig. A state-of-the-art test rig enabling you to simulate grid events from all over the world.
More specifically you will work with:
- Development of real-time control system for automated test rig operation using Beckhoff technology (TwinCAT 3)
- Develop human machine interfaces (HMI), mainly using Beckhoff’s TwinCAT HMI
- Work with electrical and simulation experts to ensure compatibility of test rig automation
- Work with team members to continuously adapt and improve functionalities, for efficiency enhancement of test procedures and user experience.
- Perform on site commissioning
What you need to make a difference
- Passion for renewable energy and a sense for the importance to lead the change. We are also looking for...
- A candidate with a bachelor or master’s degree within programming or similar, with minimum 3 years of experience with Automation- & Programming.
- You have experience with Beckhoff’s PC-based control technology including TwinCAT 3 software, as well as system hardware and real-time applications and micro-controller programming.
- You possess knowledge of different network technologies and fieldbuses and potentially have acquired Python skills for the implementation of automatic testing and reporting.
- You should be a self-starter, be structured and a pro-active problem solver that work well both independently and in teams. Besides, you have a high degree of personal planning skills and you can meet deadlines.
- You possess strong communication skills in English, orally and in writing.
In return of your commitment we offer you…
- Become a part of our mission for sustainability: Clean energy for generations to come.
- We are a global team of diverse colleagues who share an enthusiasm for renewable energy and have a culture of trust and empowerment to make our own ideas a reality.
- We focus on personal and professional development to grow internally within our organization.
- Siemens Gamesa offers a wide variety of benefits such as flexible working hours as well as home-office possibility for many colleagues, employer-funded pension, attractive remuneration package (fixed/variable) and local benefits such as subsidized lunch, employee discounts and much more.
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Our global team is on the front line of tackling the climate crisis, reducing carbon emissions – the biggest challenge we face.
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please contact recruiting team via Nisha Deshpande on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the Job ID in the email.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may NOT be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
Please apply in English via the apply button with your CV and a motivational letter
For more information about working in Denmark, please see this link:
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.