22 days ago
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
Siemens Gamesa has a vision for renewable energy: we believe in the power of nature and technology. Help us to be ready to face the energy challenges of tomorrow and make a green footprint – join the team in creating a better future for us on our planet.
We focus on hiring the best people, wherever they may be in the world. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company. Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
In our culture of trust, we focus on empowerment, diversity and continuous learning. Valuing our people is what makes us one global team, with our colleagues’ safety at the heart of our organization.
We are now looking for a Service Technician to be located in our Belgium office in Antwerp.
In this role you will be responsible for technical day to day onshore operations reporting to the local Site Manager. The role is default in the office but for difficult technical cases, on site work may be required. The working schedule will be a Monday till Friday 7 a.m.- 3.30 p.m., cross border and multi-platform.
Technician - and Customer management will play an integral part of the day to day role, so leadership and communication skills are vital. Accountable for providing technical, safety and leadership competence at a local level the role will support windfarm availability whilst executing planned maintenance.
You will set objectives and deliver agreed results that have direct impact within the job area. It is expected independently to explain technical facts, practices, etc. to others. Check for and identify problems to update or modify existing working methods within own function. Ensuring the Zero Harm policy and upholding Compliance guidelines is a prerequisite in this position.
What are the key responsibilities associated with the job?
- Technical planning of work, providing details such as documentation, tools, parts and time needed to complete a task;
- Advising coordinators / technicians / warehouse manager / site managers about technical scope;
- Day to day technical prioritization of unplanned work in wind turbine generator systems;
- Advising about material that is needed for a specific troubleshoot event;
- Handling of technical cases;
- Work preparation long term (i.e. Retrofit / Service);
- Review / alignment new retrofits / customer bulletin (materials, resources) with back office;
- Writing specific work instructions, risk assessments, checklist if needed;
- Review, alignment, follow up Customer inspection reports;
- Preparation and if needed participation of technical toolbox topics based on Safety Alerts / Findings in the Field;
- Technical approval of completed works (incl final release of completed checklist);
- Approval of working permits which involves technical as well as electrical skills like LV and HV. You will be the OIV-WV in the end.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You have completed a secondary/vocational education;
- Advanced understanding of electrical & mechanical systems, all turbine components and systems;
- Understanding of the SGRE guidelines is a pre-requirement;
- Strong communication skills;
- You are flexible, proactive, result driven, you bring EHS and Quality awareness and you are customer focused;
- Basic IT skills;
- Electrical skills, LV and HV are preferable;
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English (Advanced level). Additional languages are considered a benefit;
- Living in Belgium; preferably in the Antwerp area or willing to travel 2-3 times a week.
In return of your commitment we offer you…
The chance to become a part of our mission for sustainability: Clean energy for generations to come. We are a global team of diverse colleagues who share a passion for renewable energy and have a culture of trust and empowerment to make our own ideas a reality. We focus on personal and professional development to grow internally within our organization.
How do you imagine the future?
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please contact the primary recruiter Klaas Nanninga through email: email@example.com.
Please mention the Job ID in the email.
Please apply in English via the apply button.
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.