Senior Tower Structure Design Engineer - Offshore
12 days ago
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
Our Structural Design team is responsible for the design of project specific, offshore wind turbine towers and foundations, focusing on the primary (load carrying) structure. The team handles not only the structural design, but also the drawings, production specifications, assesses any production deviations and is driving new technology developments in this field. Design of offshore support structures is a multidisciplinary task in which we combine knowledge and understanding of the interplay between fields such as structural dynamics, hydrodynamics, geotechnics, (aeroelastic) loads analysis and production engineering. As such we are looking for people that have experience in (a selection of) these fields.
The team has a presence in Den Haag (NL), Hamburg (DE), Vejle (DK) and Bangalore (IN). The current position is open for the Bangalore office. Occasional international travel may be involved for training and/or project meeting purposes.
Depending on your field(s) of expertise the job encompasses (part of) the following responsibilities:
- Perform project specific tower structure design and optimization studies for commercial as well as R&D projects.
- Point of contact within your project(s) regarding the tower design scope, from the sales phase through installation.
- Define project plan and follow-up on deliverables and timelines
- Detailed design and analysis of project specific tower structures, covering tower shells, flange connections, doorframe, and other details in accordance with e.g., Eurocode/DNVGL standards.
- Execution of detailed analytical and/or finite element analyses.
- Regular alignment with design stakeholders, including sales, loads, tower design, project management, CAD design.
- Delivery of documentation for certification of the support structure.
- Follow up on deviations during manufacturing, transportation, and installation.
- Support R&D projects to develop the next generation support structure design solutions.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You hold an MTech/ MSc/ PhD degree in aerospace, civil (structural), mechanical engineering, or an equivalent field.
- At least 5 years of proven, relevant, work experience is seen as an advantage.
- It is considered beneficial when you have experience in the offshore (wind) industry, and you are familiar with relevant (offshore) design standards such as Eurocode, DNVGL, etc.
- Should be familiar with dynamic analysis of structure, fatigue analysis and fracture mechanics.
- You are skilled in finite element analysis, preferably using ANSYS APDL or Workbench.
- It is paramount that you are proficient in English, both in reading and writing.
- We are seeking a person with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- You thrive in an international environment; our projects bring together various employee groups, nationalities, cultures, and authorities.
- As a person you should be enthusiastic, decisive, self-starting, result-oriented, customer focused, resourceful, and creative.
Interested to join our Structural Design team and work in an innovative and inspirational working environment? Don't waste time - apply now. Please submit your English application via the “Apply” button.
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.