It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.We are looking for a dedicated Rotor Performance Engineer who can contribute towards the development of our next generation products and technologies.
The rotor performance team consists of highly skilled engineers with a multi-cultural background and is responsible for wind farm performance modeling, validation, and optimization.
Furthermore, the team contributes to our future rotor design and validation technologies. The team is a part of the Blades department in Technology Engineering and located in our Design Center, Bangalore.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Wind farm performance modeling.
- Analysis of performance data for wind turbine validation and optimization.
- Development of tools and methods to enhance our analysis and validation capabilities.
- Master or Ph.D. in Aerospace/Mechanical engineering with Aerodynamics or Wind Energy.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in wind turbine performance data analysis.
- Demonstrated fundamental knowledge in wind turbine aerodynamics.
- Ability to write and manage complicated codes in MATLAB, Python.
- Experience in handling global projects with complex cross functional interfaces.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in team environment.
- Should be structured and organized and able to handle change management.
- Should be outgoing, determined, and persistent with strong collaboration skills.
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.