RDS PP Engineer
30+ days ago
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.In Siemens Gamesa we use the RDS-PP - Reference Designation System to apply a consistent classification and function-oriented configuration of assets, to facilitate and improve maintenance processes, configuration management and part identification. The RDS-PP T32 designation system is the backbone of our asset management roadmap. Responsible for interpretation of RDS-PP, definition of hierarchies and classification of our assets.
In collaboration with the business as well as customers develop and maintain the RDS codes to be used. Experience working with RDS, preferably from the Wind Industry.
- Support internal users and customers in regard to RDS.
- Ability to grasp both Mechanical and Electrical design.
- Participate/drive in Process/tool development needed for handling of RDS.
- Participate/drive in documenting the RDS process.
- RDS-PP stakeholders within interface business functions (e.g. PPM, TE, Operation, Service, etc.)
- Defining number of systems, components and functions in a product following the principles of RDS-PP T32.
- Defining boundaries and interfaces between systems in a product following the principles of RDS-PP T32.
- Assigning Spare Parts to the appropriate level of RDS-PP.
- Working with the Reliability Centered Maintenance, Configuration Management and Lowest Replaceable Unit teams to define the appropriate breakdown/hierarchy of the asset structure.
- Location aspects/arrangement of components in wind turbine.
- Providing awareness and expert training for relevant stakeholders in Siemens Gamesa.
- Analyze internal & external stakeholder requirement e.g.: scope of application, customer requirements and service contract scope of work.
We are looking for colleagues who are team players with a collaborative mind-set and, at the same time, can also work independently, in a structured and precise way. We expect you to have:
- Demonstrated ability to identify and describe the various types of drawings (Single line diagrams, Layout overview, Piping & Instrumentation overview, Control & Scada overview., etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and use common terminology, symbols, formats, etc. used in electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical schematic drawings. ·
- Demonstrated ability to distinguish between pieces of physical hardware and features in drawings and schematics.
- Have excellent verbal and writing English skills.
- Have experience working in a multi-cultural environment.
Nice to have:
PLM system experience
SQL database experience
VBA coding experience.
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.