RDS-PP Engineer / Systems Engineer
12 days ago
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.Completes technical-oriented service tasks of various scopes and supports in planning and managing these tasks.
How to contribute to our vision
The mission of our Maintenance Engineering department is to realize the full potential of Maintenance Excellence in the Service Business Unit and drive a new era of data & systems integration and digital capabilities.
In Siemens Gamesa we use the VBG RDS-PP - Reference Designation System to apply a consistent classification and function-oriented configuration of assets, in order to facilitate and improve maintenance processes, configuration management and part identification. The RDS-PP T32 designation system is the backbone of our asset management roadmap.
To help us achieve our mission, we are currently building a new team who will be responsible for interpretation of RDS-PP, definition of hierarchies and classification of our assets. Being a part of the team, your tasks will include:
- Defining number of systems, components and functions in a product following the principles of RDS-PP T32.
- Defining boundaries and interfaces between systems in a product following the principles of RDS-PP T32.
- Assigning Spare Parts to the appropriate level of RDS-PP.
- Working with the Reliability Centered Maintenance, Configuration Management and Lowest Replaceable Unit teams to define the appropriate breakdown/hierarchy of the asset structure.
As you develop in the role, your area of responsibility will expand to include:
- Promoting and defining best practices on RDS-PP implementation.
- Providing awareness and expert training for relevant stakeholders in Siemens Gamesa.
- Analyze internal & external stakeholder requirement e.g.: scope of application, customer requirements and service contract scope of work.
- Support with definition of user stories and IT functionality requirements to further develop our systems managing RDS-PP data and bills of materials.
What you need to make a difference
Passion for renewable energy and a sense for the importance to lead the change.
We are looking for colleagues who are team players with a collaborative mind-set and, at the same time, can also work independently, in a structured and precise way.
We expect you to have:
- A Bachelor or Master’s degree in Systems, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
- Previous experience working with asset structuring Engineering Standards and Principles
- Demonstrated ability to identify and describe the various types of drawings (schematic, wiring, single line, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and use common terminology, symbols, formats, etc. used in electrical, hydraulic and mechanical schematic drawings.
- Demonstrated ability to distinguish between pieces of physical hardware and features in drawings and schematics
- Proficient skills in MSOffice (Excel), SharePoint.
- Have excellent verbal and writing English skills.
- Have experience working in a multi-cultural environment.
Additionally, any of the following would be an advantage:
- Working knowledge of the Reference Designation System RDS-PP T32.
- Previous experience with PLM systems such as Teamcenter or Windchill.
- Previous experience with SQL databases
- Previous experience with SAP (PP, MM, PM/CS modules)
In case you have acquired a good understanding of the functional breakdown of a wind turbine in alternative ways, f.eg. previous experience on wind turbine maintenance or design, we also encourage you to apply.
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.