It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.The R&D Project Manager manages with full responsibility for the results projects in the context of Research & Development. Drives the development of products, solutions and/or services that are right on time and competitive in the market place and/or drives research that ensures Siemens' technological lead position.The R&D Project Manager manages with full responsibility for results projects in the context of R&D. * Executes the project within the defined requirements (e.g. cost, time, functionality). * Ensures business success and satisfaction of the customer ensuring professional stakeholder management. * Ensures timely decisions on open issues, escalating if necessary. In the context of R&D: * Executes the project within the approved boundaries (e.g. User Requirements Specification, functionality, target costs, project cost, time, quality, customer satisfaction). * Ensures cooperation across all relevant functions (e.g. Product Manager and Architect) which includes appropriate transfer to the subsequent responsible parties in the relevant processes (e.g. SCM, CRM).
Siemens Gamesa has a vision for renewable energy: we believe in the power of nature and technology. Help us to be ready to face the energy challenges of tomorrow and make a green footprint – join the team in creating a better future for us on our planet.
We focus on hiring the best people, wherever they may be in the world. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company. Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
In our culture of trust, we focus on empowerment, diversity and continuous learning. Valuing our people is what makes us one global team, with our colleagues’ safety at the heart of our organization.
As a Project Manager in Platform, you will lead projects and recurrent activities related to product development, sales and fleet support within a wind turbine platform. Leads the technical team allocated in the platform to achieve targets assuring health and safety as well as the integrity of the wind turbine. You will be responsible for Platform activities with overarching focus on design, supporting projects in sales, contract negotiations, production, pre-assembly, installation & commissioning as well as ensuring overall performance and compliance of wind turbines installed for customer projects.
Key responsibilities include:
- Own and be responsible for the platform product from cost, schedule and quality perspective
- Lead projects of the delegated work packages within the Platform scope.
- Manage timelines, milestones, budget and activities execution needed in the projects under her/his responsibility.
- Keep Program Manager and PMO Manager updated and aware of major risks and challenges.
- Provide technical and procedural support and direction to the assigned technical team for each project.
- Ensure proper documentation of project results, and of all products or technologies delivered.
- Ensure delivery within the approved budget for the work packages under her/his responsibility.
- Drive continuous improvement of product and processes to achieve assigned platform targets.
- Collaborate and drive cross-functional teams to achieve the platform requirements
- Drive initiatives to keep product cost optimal, with good product quality
- Monitor product performance to keep track on fleet issues, work with cross functional teams to address them
- Monitor KPI related to product, and develop actions as needed
- Proactive approach to knowledge sharing and implement lessons learnt among different products
- Scope, Risk and Stakeholder Management
- Work with various stakeholders within the organization to identify and assess product risks. Must have the ability to think clearly to root causes and make logical decisions. Should have the ability to recommend, convince, and implement the most pragmatic solutions
What you need to make a difference
Passion for renewable energy and a sense for the importance to lead the change.
The ideal candidate holds a master’s in mechanical, industrial, manufacture, technology or onshore engineering and is used to handle many different stakeholders and interfaces. You preferably have relevant experience from onshore or the wind industry and PM training (CAPM or PMP equivalent) with PM experience
To be successful in the role we expect you to:
- Be proactive with a detail and process-oriented mindset with high quality standards.
- Understand the importance of prioritizing time and tasks with a healthy amount of pragmatism
- Be and excellent communicator
- Be able to work in an international environment and possess excellent English skills both orally and in writing
Desired Qualification and experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Mechanical / Electrical / Aero / Mechatronics engineering etc.,
- Should have around 10 years of total experience, with minimum 5 years of experience as project manager in wind energy
- Must have handled minimum 1 or 2 projects as R&D project manager
- Should have strong project management skills, including risk & opportunity management
- Possess strong capabilities to efficiently work in a matrix organization and drive results
- Must have had cross-functional experience working with various cross-functional teams globally
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills – ability to communicate effectively at various levels
- Strong, analytic and decision-making skills,
- Required skills - Team work, leadership, flexible, positive attitude, self-initiative, responsible and ownership mindset
- Occasional business related domestic and international travel required
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.