Position Structural engineer (FEA)
19 days ago
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.Plans, calculates, designs, develops, tests, and modifies experimental and/or operational mechanical concepts or subsystems.
- Develops mechanical components.
- Tests mechanical components.
- Identifies and selects components, materials, parts and semi-products appropriate for mechanical system design.
- Creates mechanical models and tolerance analyses to simulate mechanical design concepts.
- Calculates and creates final layout including documentation and specification for parts, assemblies, or finished products.
- Maintains technical product files.
- Analyzes existing development procedures and suggests improvements.
- Implements or tests design solutions.
- Upgrades the design of existing devices by adding mechanical elements.
- Analyzes localization requirements and designs/adapts products and solutions accordingly.
- BE / B.Tech / ME /M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering.
- Total Experience: 5 - 8 Years (3 years of relevant experience in Wind Industry is Preferable)
- Analyze, Review and understand structural design requirement for design of wind turbine tower components.
- Create FEA model for calculation by model simplification, define different type of connections.
- FEA calculation of structures with hands on experience in ‘Ansys’ software.
- Result interpretation and post processing of results
- Perform analytical calculations for welded/bolted constructions.
- Create documentation as per certification requirements.
- Design changes and design optimization activities.
- Constant research & improvement of the FEA calculations.
- Hands on experience in 3D design software NX (Preferable: To transfer the 3D models to Ansys Environment).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience on material selection.
- Exposure to International standards on safety and mechanical design.
- Experience in fatigue and buckling calculations is added advantage.
- Advanced level knowledge of Ansys Software.
- Advanced level knowledge of Machine design.
- Good command over English in written and spoken communication.
- Takes strong initiative.
- Good at communicating within the team as well as with all the stake holders
- Strong customer focus
- Highly proactive
- Good at decision making
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.