LV -System Design and Simulation Engineer
19 days ago
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.Plans, calculates, designs, develops, tests, and modifies experimental and/or operational electrical concepts or subsystems.
- Have experience with simulations of electrical low voltage distribution systems with regards to overload, short-circuit, overvoltage protection, cable sizing, Load flow and Arc-flash analysis preferable using Etap, Power Analytics, Digisilent.
- Skilled in deep technical understanding of dimensioning and protection of low voltage distribution systems
- Conduct simulations of electrical loading and selection of electrical components to secure complete design of all parts of the wind turbine
- Simulation of selectivity and short-circuit protection in all sub-circuits of the electrical system.
- Validate tests and simulations with key pass criteria’s
- Drive technical solutions and reviews with internal design team and multiple sub-suppliers and solution providers
- Knowledge of power conversion systems is an advantage.
- Ensure time and quality in the deliveries to our development projects
- Task coordination and priorities, as well as task execution of key tasks
- Good Communication skills
- Worked with EU clients
- E-tap (Mandatory), Digisilent
- Knowledge about electrical system calculations according to relevant standards like IEC 60909, NFPA70E, IEEE1584, IEC 60364-5-54, IEC 60204, and IEC 61947
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.