It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.Implements and optimizes technological concepts concerning solution.
Brief Description: The Candidate will be working on the Discrete Event Simulation projects for Domains Including Production, warehouse, Logistics, Process digitalization.
As a Simulation Engineer, taking responsibilities of the project independently and working hands on along with the stake holders & team to ensure the successful completion of the Project from Process Study to Delivery of all Reports.
Majorly works with all NPI, NPP and Plant Extensions for various feasibility studies using simulations.
Education: ME / MTech / BE / BTech – Mechanical / Production / Industrial Engineering
3 to 8 Years of practical experience in Discrete Event Simulation / Throughput and validating the Manufacturing Processes.
Manufacturing / Shop floor experience preferred.
Exposure to Tecnomatix Plant Simulation
Exposure on OEM Standards / Templates and requirements preferred.
Knowledge of Programming with SimTalk (mandatory)
- Create the discrete event simulation models and analyzed parameters like machine efficiency (MTTR, MTBF), line efficiency, process equipment utilization, throughput per hour
- Experience in all modules and tools in Plant Simulation
- Experience in creating material flow simulation models, layout feasibility studies, logistics process, warehouse movement, crane and its applications
- Object oriented programming skills – SimTalk for custom logistics
- Experience in statistics analysis and charts
- Good at layout improvement, throughput improvement, assembly process improvement and line balancing
- Analysis using different What-if Scenarios, experiment managers, Bottleneck & Buffer Studies and Line Optimization / Line Balancing Etc.
- Creation and execution of material flow simulation models
- Creation of new and modification of existing simulation models in Tecnomatix Plant Simulation
- Knowledge of Industrial Engineering concepts, Lean Manufacturing Principles
- Elaboration and evaluation of scenarios for optimization of KPIs
- Strong math skills, ability to perform routine simulation activities
- Rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities
- Excellent communication, leadership, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Self-motivated and hands on approach
- Follow written/verbal instructions and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Must be Quality Conscious and produce Simulation details with 100% issue free
- Team Player with more positive intent
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.