It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.Performs a broad range of IT operations (including software installation and integration, update and release management, application customizing, change request evaluation and implementation, etc ) to ensure that given IT Operations of application landscapes are kept available to the business.* Performs IT operations and maintenance activities according to approved procedures, guidelines and standards. * Contributes to planning, designing and implementing of the operational and maintenance environment for in-house IT application or infrastructure landscapes. * Supports customization and facilitates IT operations and maintenance processes. * Advices accountable management of the unit, in all IT operation and maintenance related issues. * Implements programs and procedures for safeguarding data/information security and safety in IT Operations. * Executes relevant operational and maintenance tests, and designs and documents existing and changed operational processes. * Communicates with vendors and service providers on an accountable level to solve principle local IT problems, or cooperates with central IT in that respect. * Drives principle IT Operations on-site or at the region. * Performs complex IT installations, integration as well as operations and maintenance processes requiring in-depth technical knowledge in specific fields of expertise such as data center, network, IT workplace or telecommunications operations as well as the operation and maintenance of individual and whole landscapes of business and infrastructure applications. * Develops necessary service levels in order to fulfill operational requirements. * Identifies operational IT problems and seeks resolutions without impact to enduser. * Performs 2nd-level user help desk activities, individual coaching and trainings. * Keeps abreast of developments in industry regarding IT operations and maintenance. * Typically reports to an IT Operations Manager or Team Leader.
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy is a leading supplier of wind power solutions to customers in more than 90 countries. With current strength of about 25000 employees, it is a key and innovative player in offshore and onshore sectors. India is a growing part of Siemens’ global wind power activities, housing global wind power product development activities. Read more at www.siemensgamesa.com
Siemens Gamesa is currently looking for a highly skilled and experienced JIRA system administrator at its Bangalore location to support the JIRA set-up. The JIRA expert will be working out of the Bangalore office but essentially supporting all the global locations of Siemens Gamesa.
Your main task will be to design, implement & support an appropriate JIRA set-up for entire Siemens Gamesa businesses. The role will have varied tasks from translating requirements of the businesses into JIRA solutions, implementation, testing & maintenance of these solutions and providing end user support from preparing documents to user training. This involves continuous interaction with stakeholders and various teams - from management to developers to engineers using JIRA.
What are my expectations & responsibilities?
- Support and coordinate together with the Process Expert global improvements and internal activities for JIRA platform
- Manage and support the implementation of JIRA for all its users
- Design and implement scalable process solutions for both management and end user
- Participate in all phases of product development lifecycle - analysis, design, test, implementation
- Understand business and customer requirements & convert into technical solutions in JIRA
- Ability to organize well, plan, deliver agreed and prioritized tasks that are aligned with the Process Expert and IT
- Successfully complete the JIRA projects and gain stakeholder/end user confidence & satisfaction
- Fast learner who can easily master business and technical processes
What are my required skills?
- JIRA expertise (both administration & scripting etc. development) with at least 5 – 8 years of working knowledge – take technical ownership of JIRA and be the subject matter expert
- Day to day systems administration – maintain performance & scalability to match usage growth
- Data migration, data refresh from production to staging servers periodically
- JIRA installation, upgrade and migrations across different platforms
- Create complete complex JIRA workflows, project management, field configurations, screen & permissions & notification schemes, user permission management
- Good knowledge of LDAP and other authentications
- Set up JIRA to track projects, teams, initiatives, progress and estimates
- Expertise in working with listeners, post functions, writing, deploying and debugging scripts
- Good understanding of task hierarchy - their interactions and data aggregations
- Automation experience either by scripts or plugins to reduce manual processes
- Working with JIRA Rest APIs
- Quick turn arounds on trouble shooting and resolving issues
Desired to have
- Working knowledge of plugins – BigPicture, Structure, Portfolio, ScriptRunner, ElementsConnect
- Exposure to languages – Java, Python, Groovy script, SQL etc
- Knowledge of JIRA migration to Data Center, reduction of legacy data in the JIRA server to improve its performance
- General understanding of IT infrastructure – networking, system administration, windows, cloud, database servers
- Ability to evaluate and recommend various plugins for the user needs
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.