12 days ago
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy is a leading supplier of Wind Power Solutions to Customers All over the Globe. A key player and innovative pioneer in Renewable Energy Sector. We have installed products and technology in more than 90 countries, with a total capacity of over 122 GW. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting edge Service solutions.
The Engineering Center in Bangalore overlaps major part of SGRE’s Product Development portfolio, and we have grown significantly over years in numbers adding value to our global business
We believe it takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
Position: Crane Engineer
Location: Bangalore, India
Education: Graduate/Postgraduate in Mechanical/Industrial engineering (~Total experience: 10-12 years)
Preferred experience: At least 3 years relevant work experience
Crane Engineer will be a part of a high performing team where you will provide valuable support across the entire organization. In this role you will be supporting functions like procurement, supplier quality, production, and suppliers. You will therefore have a broad range of responsibilities, including:
- Providing support to stakeholders in terms of specialist knowledge within the crane area
- Update and improve on current specifications within your area of expertise.
- Collaborate with Suppliers and internal stakeholders, like onsite crew and Service.
- Making sure that there is the best possible balance between product and price.
- Share knowledge and new learnings with the rest of the R&D organization.
The Crane engineer must have a deep knowledge about the Service Crane and must be able to fully understand consequence and impact when creating and changing the turbine requirements or influencing systems. Knowledge covers in particular:
- Service crane requirements & related standards
- Familiar with the rules and regulations of the loader crane industry, including the design rules for steel wire ropes.
- Experience with the machinery directive 2006/42/EC and with relevant technical standards such as EN1991, EN1993 and EN13001 will be an advantage
- Validation documentation and activities
- Technical Purchase specification
- Service crane Performance and Function
The Crane engineer is working across development projects and generic Service crane support:
- Defining the service crane methodology/crane type and overall design requirements
- Validate the function of the Service crane in the turbine.
- Service Crane DFMEA and validation activities
- Service Crane documentation
- Customer & service documentation
- Product documentation
- Writing the technical purchase specification
- Tools: SAP, Team center & Nx
- Preferable domains: Wind turbine, Heavy Engineering, Power sector.
As a person you:
- Are outgoing and proactive, with a strong focus on maintaining fruitful relationships with different stakeholders in the organization.
- Have flair for communication and enjoy engaging in dialogue, thereby being able to communicate your knowledge to people with different backgrounds.
- Thrive in a R&D environment, where not all the answers are known up front.
- Are structured and pragmatic in dealing with issues and challenges and are not afraid of making your opinion known
- Like to seek knowledge and input from many internal and external sources and challenge status quo.
- Are a generalist with a holistic approach, but able to deep dive in technical topics when needed.
- Appreciate working in an international environment, possess excellent English skills both verbal and written.
- Experience with Crane design & relevant crane standards are an advantage.
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.