Cost & Value engineering professional
30+ days ago
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.Cost & value engineering for Electrical components
Implements CVE as a cross-functional business practice with dedicated technical and analytical expertise by applying state-of-the-art methods, tools and expertise to increase competitiveness of our products, solutions and customer projects in terms of customer value and related costs, managing commodity-specific value and cost optimization programs as technical expert.
- Contribute to competitiveness and profitability of SGRE products and solutions through application of Cost and Value Engineering levers and methods and contribute to improvement proposals to support PLM in Target Costing, R&D/Engineering in Design to Value, SCM in Supply Chain Productivity Improvement, Procurement in negotiations along the PLM / PM process.
- Support setting of competitive and at the same time achievable targets based on the assessment of customer requirements, competitors’ products and solutions and on a clear judgment on our own and our suppliers’ capabilities.
- Supports definition and optimization of product architecture and component specifications to ensure an adequate product and solution design including approval of technical documentation, first contact wiht developers and preliminary quotation analysis.
- Prepares and develops guidance and cost models to help stakeholders in the decision making process, based on own expertise and data collection supporting the achievement of optimal commercial conditions by feeding our negotiations with precise information on our suppliers’ actual and expected costs.
- Foster cross-functional mindset change towards cost and value awareness and also a CVE network and enterprise-wide knowledge exchange and contribute with expertise to the network.
- Contributes to the development of the value and cost optimization strategy, identifying internal and external best practices, proving pilots of innovative approaches.
- Supports standardization and modularization of SGRE product portfolio.
- Drives technology-specific value and cost optimization programs and focuses on product cost optimization.
- Clusters material field, implements initial cost structure analyses and product benchmarking.
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.