Tacoma, WA, United States
30+ days ago
General Services Administration
1301 A. St Suite 610 Tacoma Washington 98402
Work Environment: In person, on-site
Term (approximate): Mid-October 2022 - Mid-July 2023
Benefits: Health care coverage, professional development, industry networking, end-of-program certificate of completion.
Overview & Background: Climate Corps Fellowship at General Services Administration
This Sustainability Associate position is supported through an innovative partnership between Puget Sound Energy and Strategic Energy Innovations (SEI). Aimed at addressing the myriad of energy and environmental sustainability initiatives, this Fellowship model presents a distinct opportunity to shape energy efficiencies and sustainability practices across sectors and institutional roles.
In addition to the Climate Corps training and professional certificate, this position offers professional development opportunities designed to help provide the range of skills necessary to execute sustainable programs or practices.
Role and Responsibilities
Projects may include, but not be limited to:
- Advanced Metering - reporting to include periodic (monthly) reporting identifying anomalies in energy/water usage. Develop visual displays in the reporting to facilitate effective communication to site operations teams.
- EnergyStar Portfolio Manager and Renewable Energy tracking - provide reporting regarding or PV performance and update Energy Star Portfolio Manager on a monthly basis.
- Skyspark/GSA Link support - Provide monthly reporting on HVAC issues identified with analytic software.
- BAS Operational Reviews - Provide monthly reporting for critical sites to include scheduling and zone temperature ranges and deadbands align with best practices for energy conservation.
- Produce building level reviews of lighting and HVAC system zoning.
- Personnel assigned to this task shall include, as a minimum, shall have a technical background with formal education pertaining to building sciences.
- Related experience in fields related to energy efficiency, renewable energy, and data analysis.
- Valid driver’s license with reliable transportation to be available on-site 5 days per week.
- Ability to work independently and carry out assignments, make independent judgments and/or decisions, and discern when action at a higher level is required.
- Must be able to effectively manage multiple projects and maintain an organized and well-communicated work flow.
- Has a deep passion for sustainability, especially climate resilience, with the practical skills and abilities to affect change in complex systems.
SEI requires all employees to be Vaccinated against COVID-19.
SEI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We strive to reflect the diverse communities we serve, especially those most impacted by climate change and other kinds of environmental, social, and economic injustices. Persons of color, persons with disabilities, older adults, and members of the LBGTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $2,900.00 per month