Sumner, WA, United States
27 days ago
Overview & Background
This Sustainability Associate position is supported through an innovative partnership between Puget Sound Energy and Strategic Energy Innovations. Aimed at addressing the myriad of energy and environmental sustainability initiatives, this Fellowship model presents a distinct opportunity to shape energy efficiencies and sustainability practices across sectors and institutional roles.
At the core of this program is developing the next generation of thinkers and doers to help address sustainability in education settings. Roles in educational sustainability require a distinct combination of aptitudes including project management, data analytics, and community development. In addition to the Climate Corps training and professional certificate, this position offers professional development opportunities designed to help provide the range of skills necessary to execute sustainable programs or practices.
The candidate will work on pressing climate and sustainability problems and be relied upon to work toward replicable solutions. A customized mix of on-the-job training, field work and class time will help the Fellow hone marketable skills and draw important professional connections while making a marked difference in the K-12 community.
Role and Responsibilities
Research and Data Analysis
- Utility rebate review and proposal development for system upgrades
- Analyze utility data for building energy consumption
- Analyze water usage data
- Assist with reporting for PSE programs
- Support with planned replacements and/or retrofits
- Support energy team initiatives
- Support development of scope for low and no cost measures
- Support compliance with Clean Buildings Standard
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Master’s level coursework in engineering, design or energy systems would be ideal.
- Related experience in fields related to energy efficiency, renewable energy, and data analysis.
- Valid driver’s license with reliable transportation to be available on-site 5 days per week.
- Ability to work independently and carry out assignments, make independent judgments and/or decisions, and discern when action at a higher level is required.
- Must be able to effectively manage multiple projects and maintain an organized and well-communicated work flow.
- Has a deep passion for sustainability, especially climate resilience, with the practical skills and abilities to affect change in complex systems.
SEI requires all employees to be Vaccinated against COVID-19.
SEI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We strive to reflect the diverse communities we serve, especially those most impacted by climate change and other kinds of environmental, social, and economic injustices. Persons of color, persons with disabilities, older adults, and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.
Sumner-Bonney Lake School District
End of program award