Nonprofit Leadership Fellow - Green Workforce Development
San Rafael, CA, United States
30+ days ago
We are seeking a Nonprofit Leadership Fellow for Green Workforce Development to support SEI’s sustainability-focused workforce programs. This Nonprofit Leadership Fellow will primarily hold a leading role in growing the reach and impact of the Energize Careersprogram, which strives to create a diverse and representational sustainability workforce through industry-advised training of people who experience systemic barriers to high-road employment, and the Climate Corpsprogram, which advances sustainability solutions with organizations while fostering emerging sustainability leaders.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- This is a full-time 12-month position, with the opportunity for permanent full-time after 12 months
- Flexible schedule of 3 days per week working from home and 2 days in our main office in San Rafael, CA.
- Paid sick and vacation time, 14 paid holidays per year
- A starting wage of $23.00 an hour
- SEI-paid health insurance
- Professional development opportunities and events including hands-on experience in green workforce development and climate/sustainable energy projects
- Support outreach and recruitment for participants and partners within assigned programs, including job post creation, application reviews and tracking, planning and facilitating screenings, developing outreach materials, and coordinating communications between SEI team, partners, and candidates.
- Create and improve program resources including training and outreach materials and participant resources.
- Support planning, development, and facilitation of trainings and events for workforce development programs.
- Conduct research related to programming, funding opportunities, and/or resources.
- Degree in sustainability-related field or 1-2 years experience in project management, education, community engagement, or event planning and coordination.
- Strong communication, analytical thinking, and organizational skills. Clear, direct, and succinct writer.
- Ability to work under direct supervision, collaboratively in teams/partners, or independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to empathize with others.
- Aptitude for rapport-building & working collaboratively with colleagues, partners, & clients.
- Able to manage a constantly changing work environment and collaborate with geographically dispersed teams.
- Comfortable learning and using the digital tools SEI uses with little to no assistance – including but not limited to Microsoft Office products, Google Workspace, Wrike project management software, and proprietary software. Willing to try out new technologies and work tools with an open mind toward efficiency and impact.
- Commitment to anti-racism and willingness to actively learn about, practice, and champion the organization’s DEI policy and related goals. Willing to continue education and training in the broader fields of inclusion and workplace diversity across all dimensions of equity.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to SEI’s mission.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit our Careers Page, select this role, and fill out the application form! SEI requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with accommodations made for religious or medical purposes.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, & INCLUSION
We seek candidates that shareSEI’s commitmentto equity and environmental justice, and who share a commitment to work and learn within an anti-oppression framework. Persons of color, persons with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ+ community are strongly encouraged to apply. SEI is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to promoting diversity, inclusion, and equity. We believe that a wide array of perspectives contributes to creative climate solutions where all communities thrive. We strive to reflect diverse communities, especially those most impacted by climate change and other kinds of environmental, social, and economic injustices.
SEI is a teams-based, non-profit based in the Bay Area, CA dedicated to building leaders to drive sustainability solutions. For over 25 years, SEI has partnered with schools, communities, and businesses to develop a sustainability leadership pathway from elementary school to early career. Our flagship programs educate and empower students, workers, and emerging professionals to create thriving, resilient communities. We are proud to provide a collaborative work environment filled with people who are driven to make a difference in our communities!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $23.00 per hour
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- San Rafael, CA 94903: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in San Rafael, CA 94903