San Jose, CA, United States
14 days ago
Location: Prospect Silicon Valley, San Jose, CA
Work Environment: On Site (subject to change)
Term (approximate): September 2022 - June 2023
Additional Pay: $1000 bonus upon program completion
Benefits: Health care coverage, assistance with student loan deferments, professional development, industry networking, end-of-program certificate of completion.
Overview & Summary
Prospect Silicon Valley, a Bay Area Nonprofit, strives to advance clean technology in fields such as mobility, energy and the built environment. We’re currently looking to expand our team of innovative, creative and dedicated staff. Do you get excited about making new connections, being part of the action, and helping people make things happen? Are you passionate about addressing climate change and advancing clean energy solutions? Are you ready to jump into a small team and give it your all? If so, we want to hear from you!
Project Associates play a key role in carrying out our projects and engagements. They support our project teams as we plan, coordinate, and carry out our daily work. They also assist with analysis, technical writing, and coordination tasks. In particular, the Project Associate we’re seeking will have a passion for and basic knowledge of energy and sustainability topics renewables, electric vehicles and charging, energy efficient buildings, as well as advanced mobility topics such as autonomous vehicles and intelligent traffic systems. The Project Associate will also be interested in learning how emerging technologies are deployed through efforts such as pilot demonstrations, market facilitation initiatives, public private partnerships and the like.
All our staff play a critical role in representing ProspectSV to our Industry, Government, and Startup partners by sharing their knowledge, network, and desire to make a difference. ProspectSV carries out its mission through an exciting mix of support, education, and collaboration activity. Each team member plays a part in the success of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
Coordination & Support
- Organize and carry out work as assigned to effectively meet project or client needs
- Maintain positive working relationships with project partners and coordinate their activities.
- Ability to communicate and facilitate workflow between partners and coworkers is a must
- Provide technical analysis, technical writing, and other supervised tasks
- Capture project documentation and deliverables to keep the Project Manager organized
- Provide a high level of service to your coworkers, partners, and funders of our organization
- May be tasked with market research, applications use case development, and other research in support of our innovation programs
- Occasionally assist with Grant proposals in line with our mission and strategic goals – may include proposal writing or other tasks needed to provide a winning proposal
- Support webinars, meetings, and other forums that benefit our organization
- May be tasked with assistance relevant to our social media communications around our work
- Other duties may be assigned as needed
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Hard-working, with a positive & professional attitude. Excited by challenging problems
- Ability to organize people and manage multiple objectives at once
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively with a diverse community from startups to government partners
- Ability to understand the “big picture” goals and objectives while paying attention to details
- Excellent writing skills, presentation skills, and business communication skills
- Ability to support common project management principles and practices
- Computer literacy in typical business software platforms including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- At least 1 year of experience or equivalent training in energy, transportation, environment, sustainability or a related field. Internship experience counts!
- BS or BA in above discipline or related fields
- Past experience volunteering or working for a nonprofit institution is a plus
- Demonstrated experience in the duties and responsibilities required
ProspectSV creates opportunities for investment and scaling of clean technologies: building effective partnerships, strategies, and resources that enable progress. Our ecosystem approach to innovation has brought together more than 70 startups and corporate enterprises, and 100 local governments. To date we’ve catalyzed more than $500 million in venture investment and public funding in energy, fleets and public infrastructure. Learn more at prospectsv.org.
SEI requires all employees to be Vaccinated against COVID-19.
SEI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We strive to reflect the diverse communities we serve, especially those most impacted by climate change and other kinds of environmental, social, and economic injustices. Persons of color, persons with disabilities, older adults, and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.
Prospect Silicon Valley
End of program award