Project Associate - AmeriCorps
San Jose, CA, United States
15 days ago
Location: Prospect Silicon Valley, San Jose, CA
Work Environment: Hybrid (90% Remote and 10% On Site)
Term: September 2022 – July 2023; 1700 hours; 40 hours/week
Living Allowance Stipend: $2636/month
Education Award: $10,000 bonus upon program completion
Benefits: Healthcare coverage (w/dental & vision), Education Award, student loan deferment, child care allowance, CalFresh, professional development budget ($100), industry networking.
About Prospect Silicon Valley
JOIN US! Prospect Silicon Valley, a Bay Area Nonprofit, strives to advance clean technology in fields such as mobility, energy and the built environment. We’re currently looking to expand our team of innovative, creative and dedicated staff. Do you get excited about making new connections, being part of the action, and helping people make things happen? Are you passionate about addressing climate change and advancing clean energy solutions? Are you ready to jump into a small team and give it your all? If so, we want to hear from you!
ProspectSV creates opportunities for investment and scaling of clean technologies: building effective partnerships, strategies, and resources that enable progress. Our ecosystem approach to innovation has brought together more than 70 startups and corporate enterprises, and 100 local governments. To date we’ve catalyzed more than $500 million in venture investment and public funding in energy, fleets and public infrastructure. Learn more at prospectsv.org.
Position Overview & Description
Project Associates play a key role in carrying out our projects and engagements. They support our project teams as we plan, coordinate, and carry out our daily work. They also assist with analysis, technical writing, and coordination tasks. In particular, the Project Associate we’re seeking will have a passion for and basic knowledge of energy and sustainability topics, renewables, electric vehicles and charging, energy efficient buildings, as well as advanced mobility topics such as autonomous vehicles and intelligent traffic systems. The Project Associate will also be interested in learning how emerging technologies are deployed through efforts such as pilot demonstrations, market facilitation initiatives, public private partnerships and the like.
All our staff play a critical role in representing ProspectSV to our Industry, Government, and Startup partners by sharing their knowledge, network, and desire to make a difference. ProspectSV carries out its mission through an exciting mix of support, education, and collaboration activity. Each team member plays a part in the success of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
Coordination & Support
- Organize and carry out work to help decarbonize local governments, schools and other complex entities
- Maintain positive working relationships with project partners and coordinate their activities.
- Ability to communicate and facilitate workflow between partners and coworkers is a must
- Provide technical analysis, technical writing, and other supervised tasks
- Capture project documentation and deliverables to keep the Project Manager organized
- Provide a high level of service to your coworkers, partners, and funders of our organization
- May be tasked with market research, applications use case development, and other research in support of our innovation programs
- Assist in business development and proposal writing activities to support our mission and strategic goals
- Support webinars, meetings, networking events, and other forums that benefit our organization
- May be tasked with assistance relevant to our social media communications around our work
- Other duties may be assigned as needed
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Hard-working, with a positive & professional attitude. Excited by challenging problems
- Ability to organize people and manage multiple objectives at once
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively with a diverse community from startups to government partners
- Ability to understand the “big picture” goals and objectives while paying attention to details
- Excellent writing skills, presentation skills, and business communication skills
- Ability to support common project management principles and practices
- Computer literacy in typical business software platforms including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- At least 1 year of experience or equivalent training in energy, transportation, environment, sustainability or a related field. Internship experience counts!
- BS or BA in above discipline or related fields
- Past experience volunteering or working for a nonprofit institution is a plus
- Demonstrated experience in the duties and responsibilities required
Fellowship Experience at Prospect Silicon Valley
- Structured mentorship and professional advocacy
- Equal footing with ProspectSV peers on projects, and programs
- Highly innovative, collaborative, hard working and fun
- Help build models for schools, local governments and other agencies to accelerate decarbonization at scale
- Networking opportunities at events
Climate Corps AmeriCorps
AmeriCorps is a national service commitment that meets a community’s critical needs in education, public safety, health, and the environment. Bay Area Community Resources and SEI partner to implement Climate Corps AmeriCorps, an award-winning fellowship program that provides professional development opportunities for emerging leaders through implementation of sustainability and resiliency projects with local governments, nonprofits, and educational institutions.
Upon completion of the term, CCAC Fellows receive a Segal Education Award of up to $6,495.00 in return for your service. You can use the award to repay qualified student loans and to pay current educational expenses at eligible institutions of higher education and training programs. Fellows who complete a 1700-hour term also receive a California For All Award of $3,505.00 in cash for educational expenses.
To see a full list of climate, energy, and sustainability positions posted by Climate Corps, please visit here. We are constantly adding positions, so make sure to frequently check this site to see if there are new opportunities available.
AmeriCorps fellows must:
- Be U.S. citizens or legal permanent residents
- Have a high school diploma/GED
- Be 17 years old or older
- Pass state criminal and FBI background checks, and a national check in the Dru Sjodin National Sex Offender Public Registry
- Test negatively for tuberculosis if working with minors
- Be vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit to weekly testing
- Live in the state of California
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Statement
Bay Area Community Resources, the administrator of Climate Corps AmeriCorps, is an equal opportunity employer. We cultivate an environment that encourages fairness, teamwork, and respect among all employees and National Service members. We are firmly committed to maintaining an atmosphere in which people of diverse backgrounds and lifestyles may grow personally and professionally. Therefore, we enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religion or religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, marital status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local laws or ordinances. Our management is dedicated to ensuring the fulfillment of this equal opportunity policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruitment advertising, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
Project Associate - AmeriCorps
Prospect Silicon Valley
1608 Las Plumas San Jose CA 95133
End of program award
Location: 1608 Las Plumas San Jose CA 95133, San Jose, CA 95133
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $2,636.00 per month