Project Coordinator - Green Workforce Case Manager
San Francisco, CA, United States
30+ days ago
We are seeking a Green Workforce Case Manager to support SEI’s sustainability-focused workforce development programs. The Green Workforce Case Manager will have a leading role in ensuring that assigned Energize Careers training partners efficiently meet expectations around participant enrollment, job placement and retention, and working to remove barriers and challenges to program goals, and proactively growing the depth and reach of the Energize Careers program impacts.
SEI is a teams-based, non-profit based in the Bay Area, CA dedicated to building leaders to drive sustainability solutions. For over 24 years, SEI has partnered with schools, communities, and businesses to develop a sustainability leadership pathway from elementary school to early career. Our flagship programs educate and empower students, workers, and emerging professionals to create thriving, resilient communities. We are proud to provide a collaborative work environment filled with people who are driven to make a difference in our communities!
PROJECT COORDINATOR FUNCTIONS
- Provide career coaching & mentorship to individuals who experience barriers to employment, including those who have been previously incarcerated or come from disadvantaged communities.
- Troubleshoot and help resolve barriers and issues negatively affecting performance benchmarks & deliverables, such as participant enrollment, job placement, and retention.
- Supervise and coach staff, Fellows and participants in our flagship programs.
- Develop and enhance industry partnerships with energy efficiency contractors, sustainability organizations, green building / renewable energy companies, etc.
- Develop and enhance relationships with key workforce development stakeholders including 9-16 education institutions, wrap-around service providers, industry partners, workforce investment boards & other key stakeholders.
- Collaborate with higher education and training faculty on curriculum projects focused on sustainability topics including energy efficiency and decarbonization.
- Assist with our workforce development projects and programs, including recruitment, coaching and mentoring, supervision & evaluation, reporting & project management.
- Experience working with historically marginalized communities and persons who face systemic barriers to employment
- Excellent interpersonal skills & the ability to empathize with others. Aptitude for rapport building & working collaboratively with others
- Experience and ease in developing relationships and skillfully working with colleagues, partners, & clients
- Experience with and desire to mentor & assist others
- Aptitude to quickly learn industry or project-specific software
- Foundational knowledge of sustainability, climate change, energy conservation, energy efficiency, renewable energy, green infrastructure, electrification, clean mobility, & building science desired
- Genuine commitment to equity, environmental justice, and Energize Careers and Climate Corps mission
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- This is a full-time position, with a flexible schedule of 3 days per week work from home and 2 days in our main office in San Rafael, CA.
- Paid sick and vacation time, 14 paid holidays per year
- A starting wage of $31.73 an hour
- SEI-paid health insurance; dental, vision, chiropractic plan
- 403(b) Retirement Plan, with employer match after one year
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, & INCLUSION
We believe a wide array of perspectives contributes to creative climate solutions where all communities thrive. We strive to reflect diverse communities, especially those most impacted by climate change and other kinds of environmental, social, and economic injustices. We seek applicants who share our commitment to equity and environmental justice, who share a commitment to work and learn within an anti-oppression framework. Persons of color, persons with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQIA+ community are strongly encouraged to apply. SEI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting diversity, inclusion, and equity.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit our Careers Page and fill out the application form. A resume and cover letter are required. SEI requires all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with exceptions made for health and/or religious reasons. To get a sneak peek at the programs you’ll work on in this role check out Energize Careers and Climate Corps.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $31.73 per hour
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- working with historically marginalized populations: 4 years (Preferred)
- mentoring and coaching adults: 4 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations