State Agency Energy Efficiency and Sustainability Fellowship
Sacramento, CA, United States
30+ days ago
Alternative Energy Systems Consulting, Inc. (AESC)
The State of California (SOC) Energy Strategy and Support Program (ESS) is a statewide energy efficiency program administered by Pacific Gas and Electric (PG&E) and funded by all four investor-owned utilities (PG&E, Southern California Edison (SCE), Southern California Gas (SCG), and San Diego Gas and Electric (SDG&E)). Alternative Energy Systems Consulting, Inc. (AESC) designed and implements the program on behalf of all four IOUs. The program addresses key barriers that California state agencies experience while working to reduce energy use and greenhouse gas emissions. SOC ESS provides state agencies direct support to identify and implement energy efficiency projects, in addition to engineering support for projects developed by energy service companies (ESCOs) and trade allies (TAs). SOC ESS offers a flexible program to cost-effectively meet the diverse needs of SOC agencies and assets.
One of the key barriers experienced by state agencies is the lack of funding for additional staff to help advance projects from concept to completion. AESC has partnered with SEI to select and place several Climate Corp Fellows with motivated state agencies to support the implementation of energy efficiency projects. The Fellow will support their assigned State of California agency and the Program team by helping the agency advance energy projects from initial planning and final implementation, leading to an increase in new projects per agency.
This position requires a strong attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and ability to tactfully multitask in an environment with multiple stakeholders. Experience with energy efficiency in commercial buildings is a plus. We seek candidates that are versatile in their approaches to problem solving and are resilient when faced with new challenges. The ideal candidate will have one year of relevant professional work/study experience, have strong written and verbal communications skills, and a demonstrated ability to manage varied projects and tasks.
Example Duties and Responsibilities
- Enter data and generate reports
- Manage schedules
- Review materials and identify corrections and process improvements
- Coordinate with multiple parties including Agencies, contractors, and program to identify, scope, and track projects
- Manage the logistics of virtual meetings, workshops, and trainings
- Attend meetings and create meeting notes
- Provide detailed write up of activities to be included in reports
- Track deliverables, milestones, and communicate status and actions to team members
- Participate in events/workshops, organize tasks/deliverables, and contribute to strategic
- marketing and outreach efforts
- Provide program and agencies with logistics such as coordinating kick off meetings and site assessments
- Support Agency in creation of annual Sustainability Plan
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, Associate degree in conjunction with relatable experience will be considered.
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication, and experience in delivering this communication to key clients and customers.
- Ability to interact with clients in a professional and responsive manner.
- Ability to juggle the needs and priorities of multiple stakeholders.
- Strong capabilities with software tools such as MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word, Google Sheets, etc.
- Strong capabilities with virtual meeting platforms (e.g., Zoom, MS Teams, GoToMeeting, etc.)
- Understanding of or interest in gas and electric utilities and public sector or State Agencies.
- Demand Side Management strategies and energy efficiency is a plus.
- Must have reliable transportation, this position potentially requires limited travel to events and or office locations (as allowed by current policies pertaining to COVID-19).
SEI requires all employees to be Vaccinated against COVID-19.
SEI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We strive to reflect the diverse communities we serve, especially those most impacted by climate change and other kinds of environmental, social, and economic injustices. Persons of color, persons with disabilities, older adults, and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.