Health care coverage, professional development, industry networking, UC Climate Stewards Certification
This position is supported through an innovative partnership between Edison International and Strategic Energy Innovations. Aimed at addressing a myriad of environmental and social sustainability initiatives, this Fellowship model presents a unique opportunity to support sustainability and social impact efforts across institutional stakeholders ranging from operations and reporting to future strategy and decision-support.
At the core of this program is developing the next generation of thinkers and doers to help address climate impacts across sectors in the natural world, built environment, and throughout local communities. Roles in corporate sustainability require a distinct combination of aptitudes including project coordination, data analytics and strategic thinking.
In addition to the Climate Corps training and professional certificate, this position offers professional development opportunities designed to help provide the range of skills necessary to execute sustainable programs or practices. This may include but is not limited to supporting ESG reporting, coordinating multiple projects, and liaising with senior stakeholders. The candidate will work on pressing environmental and social sustainability problems and be relied upon to work toward replicable solutions. A customized mix of on the job training and class time will help the Fellow hone marketable skills and draw important professional connections while making an impact through supporting Edison International.
Role and Responsibilities
At Edison International, we are passionate about tackling the growing challenges of climate change and leading the transformation of the power sector to enable our vision of a clean energy future. This is an exciting time in our industry and we are facing an accelerating rate of disruption, so we need people that are motivated, self-directed, who love being creative, and are driven to turn ideas into reality.
This position will play a key role in advancing strategic sustainability objectives across Edison International, with a particular focus in supporting the company’s net-zero strategy and sustainable supply chain efforts, through a variety of technical analysis, research, communication, and strategic advisory tasks which may include but are not limited to the following:
- Conduct peer benchmarking of GHG emission estimation methodologies, climate commitments, climate transition plans, and scenario analysis
- Develop GHG emisisons projections across various emissions categories
- Prepare meeting agendas, facilitate meetings, and keep record of outcomes, next steps, and updates to the team with internal and external parties
- Prepare executive summaries, presentations, and other documentation to share findings from project work
- Review peer company supply chain commitments, strategies, and supplier engagement to collect and identify industry best practices
- Coordinate meetings with industry peers to learn best practices for how sustainable supply chain processes are implemented in companies
- Research supply chain industry ESG trends including a particular focus on emission reduction estimation and supplier engagement
- Review resources available in Sustainable Supply Chain Alliance and recommend useful resources and opportunities provided
- Complete hotspot analysis of previous emission inventories to identify which industries and companies to target for future engagement
- Compile information on various methods for calculating supply chain emissions
- Review existing information and identify future information needed from vendors to support annual GHG emissions calculations
- Develop supply chain GHG emission reduction roadmap which collects and ranks potential recommendations from your findings and apply a data-driven approaches to link the value proposition of roadmap recommendations with Edison’s strategy
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, sustainability, environmental engineering or related environmental or engineering field
- Related experience in supply chain, climate action and strategic planning, GHG emissions estimation, and/or data analysis
- Ability to work independently and carry out assignments, make independent judgments and/or decisions, and discern when action at a higher level is required
- Ability to work remotely, with a flexible schedule over a 40-hour work week
- Must be able to effectively manage multiple projects and maintain an organized and well communicated workflow
- Master’s level coursework preferred
- Has an interest in supporting Edison International’s sustainability efforts and company vision to lead the transformation of the electric power industry toward a clean energy future
- Has a deep passion for sustainability with the practical skills and abilities to affect change in complex systems
- Has experience developing and implementing business strategies such as launching new products or implementing large scale companywide initiatives
- Ability to distill large complex problems into actionable recommendations and succinctly articulate them across a broad range of stakeholders, including senior management
- Flexible mindset, responsive to deadlines and able to prioritize projects and be flexible to shifting scope
- High quality and polished work product development
- Consistent and detail-oriented in analysis and communications
We encourage anyone who is interested in this position and who meets some of the qualifications to apply, even if they do not meet all of them. We recognize that a unique perspective and background can enhance a role when many, if not all, of the listed qualifications are met.
**If you would need to relocate for this position, please note that you need to be in the state you are relocating to no less than 10 business days before the start of the fellowship.**
The base monthly stipend for this role is $4500/month. An additional stipend may be available for the right candidate based on work location and qualifications.
This position is listed as a hybrid role with a preference for the Fellow to be in the office twice per week. A fully remote Fellowship (within the state of California) may be considered for the right candidate.
- End-of-program financial award.
- Healthcare coverage with 100% of healthcare insurance premiums covered by the employer.
- Access to a national Member Assistance Program, which includes financial and legal assistance, medical advocacy, and counseling services.
- Professional and Personal Development Training
- Career-readiness training in interview preparation, salary negotiation, and developing a professional resume and cover letter.
- Attending panels, workshops, and presentations by climate resilience industry professionals.
- Professional networking opportunities.
- University of California Climate Stewards Certification- Prestigious certification through the University of California School of Agriculture and Natural Resources. This acclaimed UC California Naturalist Program prepares UC Climate Stewards to engage in and lead local solutions to advance community and ecosystem resilience.
About Climate Corps
Climate Corps, a program of SEI, is an award-winning fellowship program that provides professional development opportunities for emerging leaders through implementation of sustainability and resiliency projects with local governments, nonprofits, and for-profit businesses. To see a full list of climate, energy, and sustainability positions posted by Climate Corps, please visit here: https://jobs.climatecorps.org/listings. We are constantly adding positions, so make sure to frequently check this site to see if there are new opportunities available.
SEI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting diversity, inclusion, and equity. We believe that a wide array of perspectives contributes to creative climate solutions where all communities thrive. We strive to reflect diverse communities, especially those most impacted by climate change and other kinds of environmental, social, and economic injustices. Persons of color, persons with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply. A commitment to work and learn within an anti-oppression framework is required. https://www.seiinc.org/dei.html