Portland, OR, United States
30 days ago
Alternative Energy Systems Consulting, Inc. (AESC)
AESC is a small energy consulting firm with a collaborative and professional work environment. We are passionate about what we do and are looking for talented people who share our passion.
We currently have an opening for a Program Coordinator to provide technical and non-technical support for a variety of energy efficiency programs. This position requires a strong attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and assertiveness to ensure internal teammates and external clients are attentive to priorities. Experience with energy efficiency in buildings is a plus. We seek candidates that are versatile in their approaches to problem solving and are resilient when faced with new challenges. The ideal candidate will have previous professional work experience.
Title: Program Coordinator
Status: Fellowship to Full Time
Location: Can be located throughout Oregon (AESC’s regional office located in Portland)
Reports to: Lead Energy Coach or Program Manager
- Track deliverables, milestones, and communicate status and actions to fellow team members.
- Schedule events/workshops, organize tasks/deliverables, and contribute to strategic planning efforts.
- Provide delivery teams with logistics support such as procuring engineering equipment and coordinating site activities.
- Manage the logistics of virtual meetings and workshops by being the session gatekeeper.
- Interact closely with coworkers to meet project deadlines and budgets.
- Undergraduate degree or relatable experience.
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication, and experience in delivering this communication to key clients and customers.
- Ability to interact with clients in an assertive, yet professional and responsive manner.
- Strong capabilities with office-based software tools including MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Strong capabilities with virtual meeting platforms such as Zoom and MS Teams
- Experience with project management/tracking software such as Smartsheet
- Understanding of gas and electric utilities and Demand Side Management strategies is a plus.
- Must have reliable transportation, this position requires limited travel to customer sites.
We are looking for dedicated, service-oriented, professionals who share our mission of developing innovative engineering, software and management solutions to promote a clean energy future and who are aligned with our core values. If you are motivated by helping teams succeed and take pride in your contributions to outstanding work products, please apply for this position.
Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) candidates are encouraged to apply.
Aesc’s Core Values:
- Work safely – Help maintain a culture of safety in every situation to ensure all employees mak it home safe each night. Your safety, and the safety of those around you, should always be the top priority.
- Act with integrity – Always do what is right for the client, the employee, the company and/or the situation.
- Deliver excellence – Hold yourself to the highest standard. Provide outstanding service with mindful technical work and timely communication that delivers value to our clients.
- Be accountable – Be the person others can rely on and follow through on commitments. Work to solve problems, not avoid them.
- Inspire change – Be bold and be brave. No idea is too small when it improves our services, our teamwork or our company.
- Play as a team – Respect the knowledge, skills and ideas that each team member brings; our individual strengths make us a winning team.
- Pursue growth and learning – Take responsibility for charting the course of your own growth and learning, and we will support you.
- Live a balanced life – Working hard and exceeding expectations is a satisfying way to spend your workday but finding fulfillment in your personal life is essential to lasting happiness and success.
AESC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
SEI requires all employees to be Vaccinated against COVID-19.
SEI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We strive to reflect the diverse communities we serve, especially those most impacted by climate change and other kinds of environmental, social, and economic injustices. Persons of color, persons with disabilities, older adults, and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.