Climate Corps Fellowship
Portland, OR, United States
30+ days ago
Climate Corps is a Fellowship program that offers emerging climate leaders unparalleled professional development and training as they drive cutting-edge environmental solutions within leading climate organizations.
Climate Corps Fellows:
- Receive valuable experience leading climate resiliency, mitigation, and adaptation projects that have measurable outcomes and benefits.
- Build critical connections and networks with climate protection leaders.
- Learn from being part of a regional cohort of Fellows dedicated to implementing innovative approaches to our collective climate challenge.
- Participate in a comprehensive training and development program.
For the 2022-23 cycle, Climate Corps partners offer a wide variety of fellowship placements. Partner positions will continuously be added to our website throughout spring and summer 2022. For a list of currently open placements and to apply, visit: www.climatecorps.org/fellow
- Availability and commitment to the full-time fellowship program. Fellowships typically range from 10-12 months in length and will begin in September 2022. Most positions currently include some on-site work, unless noted otherwise in the position description.
- Climate Corps Fellows must have completed a 4-year degree by the time the program cycle starts. We are looking for emerging professionals with:
- An educational background in environmental policy, science, engineering, sustainable management or planning degrees (volunteer and internship experience will be considered).
- A general understanding of clean energy or environmental policy.
- Community outreach and communications experience.
- A connection to the placement location. This is an equal opportunity position and we prefer to place a candidate who already lives in the region being served.
- Genuine commitment to anti-racism, willingness to work in racial equity frameworks, experience in addressing racism and racial equity with team members and programmatically.
- Living allowance stipend of $2,636+ per month (before taxes). Select positions may offer an enhanced stipend.
- Health insurance.
- Assistance with student loan deferments.
- Extensive professional development and skill building. Upon program completion, Fellows are awarded a Professional Certificate.
- A financial award upon program completion.
To become a Fellow, please submit an online application and resume. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until all placements are filled. Once the application is complete and has been reviewed, applicants who qualify will be contacted for an interview. Fellows need to be available and eligible to start by the first week of September 2022. NOTE: We are adding new fellowship descriptions on a weekly basis!
Apply here: www.climatecorps.org/fellow
SEI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting diversity, inclusion, and equity. We believe that a wide array of perspectives contributes to creative climate solutions where all communities thrive. We strive to reflect diverse communities, especially those most impacted by climate change and other kinds of environmental, social, and economic injustices. Persons of color, persons with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply. A commitment to work and learn within an anti-oppression framework is required. https://www.seiinc.org/dei.html
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Pay: From $2,636.00 per month
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Professional development assistance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Multiple Locations