Aviation Sustainability Fellow
New York City, NY, United States
30+ days ago
Location: Fully Remote - must be located in CA, NY, AK, AZ, CO, MD, NJ, NC, OR, or WA
Work Environment: Fully Remote
Term (approximate): October 2022 - October 2023 (12-month term)
Benefits: Health care coverage, professional development, industry networking, end-of-program certificate of completion.
Overview & Background
This position will be primarily responsible for creating client carbon footprints, sustainability documentation, regulatory and voluntary emissions reports, and compiling documentation for environmental attribute inventory. The successful candidate will be a vital member of a growing team, assisting with the decarbonization of aviation through comprehensive sustainability solutions. The candidate will have a hands on role in all pillars of sustainability including carbon offsets, sustainable aviation fuel, waste management, and new technology.
Remote (however office space may be offered in Cleveland, New York & Scottsdale)
Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsibilities within accounting with focus on greenhouse gas accounting.
- Ensures comprehensiveness of client-submitted information for monthly reporting.
- Calculates carbon footprints based on client information using company tools.
- Greenhouse gas data management and alignment with carbon accounting standards.
- Develops and maintains data collection processes and emission factors.
- Creates new tools and processes to improve company private and public resources.
- Assists clients with data collection and calculation of their carbon footprints.
- Educates clients about nuances of environmental footprints, specifically difference between emission scopes, and related opportunities to reduce their footprint.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual voluntary emission reports for client footprints using company tools in an aesthetic manner and delivered on-time.
- Prepare annual regulatory reports to assist clients with reporting key information in required format for various international regulatory schemes.
- Communicates effectively and clearly with outside customers and partners.
- Prepare business proposals and research current market to identify opportunities
- Attends key conferences to represent 4AIR and talk about program with potential and existing customers.
- Attends relevant conferences to take notes and help educate the 4AIR team on new developments.
- Relays changes of information to appropriate employees.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Working knowledge of process improvement methodology and application, emissions accounting, and report preparation.
- Understands needs of consistent and well-document reporting to satisfy another client’s emission reporting requirements.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with management, employees, and other departments.
- Ability to accept feedback and work collaboratively as part of a team to develop and apply skills in a unique setting.
- Thoughtful application of recordkeeping and documentation principles in an organized manner.
- Ability to meet deadlines, must be comfortable prioritizing tasks, demonstrate flexibility, display a strong work ethic, fanatical attention to detail, and sense of urgency.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple projects simultaneously, and work in a small team environment.
- Highly proficient numerical skills necessary to effectively calculate, problem solve, model and understand new concepts
- Computer skills necessary to learn and/or operate word processing, spreadsheet, database, email, and web-based applications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Microsoft Excel (VBA not required).
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines while working remotely.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and interact professionally with customers.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Bachelor or Masters in business, accounting, sustainability or related fields
- Working knowledge of business aircraft industry, products, and services
- Working knowledge of sustainability industry, including carbon offsets, sustainable fuels, and new technology
- Familiarity with accounting programs such as QuickBooks Online, Great Plains, or Oracle Suite.
- Familiarity with Salesforce
- Experience in regulatory compliance field, preferably from a corporate entity required to comply with a GHG, EPA, emissions or other sustainability scheme.
SEI requires employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
SEI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting diversity, inclusion, and equity. We believe that a wide array of perspectives contributes to creative climate solutions where all communities thrive. We strive to reflect diverse communities, especially those most impacted by climate change and other kinds of environmental, social, and economic injustices. Persons of color, persons with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply. A commitment to work and learn within an anti-oppression framework is required. https://www.seiinc.org/dei.html
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $2,900.00 per month