Workday Technical Lead
13 days ago
RMI is seeking a Workday Technical Lead to maintain, improve, and support our Workday HRIS and ERP solution. This role will report to the IT Director and be a member of the IT team. This role will work closely with members of the People Team, Program Services, and Accounting staff to provide support and enhancements to our Workday instance. As our first point of contact for Workday you will respond quickly to issues that arise, while also planning for enhancements and improvements.
We highly encourage individuals of underrepresented groups to apply!
- This position will have a key role in the Workday Implementation and will be a core implementation team member
- Contribute to implementation project governance and risk management
- Support the data conversion and migration processes
- Contribute to the development of a strategy for managing the Workday tenant, and own this strategy going forward
- Contribute to the development of a reporting strategy
- Own and develop a Workday support strategy
- Manage implementation of security roles and permissions, including provisioning
- Support integration development and testing
- Support implementation change management work.
- Oversee post deployment operation of Workday
- Provide Workday training and communications as required
- Provide onboarding training for new hires on Workday
- Maintain constant focus on optimizing, improving and streamlining Workday
- Manage any new implementations or functionality additions, working closely with Program Services, IT resources and stakeholders from People team, Accounting or the programs
- Collaboratively develop reports to meet needs and drive business results and in response to complex business reporting requests
- Assist with the testing and set-up of core Finance, Payroll and HCM systems for any mergers and acquisitions
- Work with IT to troubleshoot, improve and optimize integrations between Workday and other enterprise systems
- Recommend optimizations based on user feedback and system performance
- Manage an integrations developer – either in house or contracted resources
- Responsible for the administration, configuration, maintenance and support of all Workday systems, including Accounting and Financials, Human Capital Management and Recruiting, Projects, Time, Procurement, and Analytics
- Works with subject matter experts and process owners within the company to develop efficient technology solutions, prioritizes requests; provides technical guidance and training
- Work with Information Technology and Legal to ensure compliance in all areas and policies
- Perform analysis into root cause of problems and resolve as appropriate
- Be the primary point of contact for Workday’s account management team
- Document issue resolutions, publish resolutions internally and share with our helpdesk
- Serves as liaison between business units and Workday technical consultants as needed
- Review business procedures/workflows to ensure system features are being fully utilized and identify Workday features that may improve efficiency
- Work with the business analyst to understand and refine business processes, in order to provide feedback on ways to modify business processes to configure them with minimal customization
- Work with stakeholders to change business processes to fit into Workday’s functionality
- Provide guidance around how security roles should be configured during implementation
- Serve as Workday security administrator
- Perform audits on system roles and access logs to ensure accuracy on a quarterly or periodic basis
- Document proper internal security controls
- Create security models based on the key functional responsibilities of the end user
- Coordinate all release management activities. Create and establish release management processes, including risk mitigation, communication, and rollout strategies
- Review Workday's weekly release and determine potential impacts
- Identify additional functionality from the release that should be implemented and would work with stakeholders on rollout plans
- Manage updates to documentation resulting from changes in functionality
- Continually monitor Workday community for updates and changes
- Manage the regression testing process, ensure all business areas are covered; partner with IT to ensure integrations have been tested as needed
- Reporting Administration for Financial Reporting using Composite, Advanced, and Matrix reports. Maintain Custom Dashboards related to Financial Reporting
- Assist Finance team with Ledger Status Control, Account Posting Rules, Custom Validations, Multi-currency, Revaluations, and Eliminations
- Provide guidance and support for People Team reporting
- Provide necessary technical support to employees
- Undergraduate degree with preferred concentration in HRIS, Technology Services, Computer Science, or related discipline, or relative equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years experience with Workday (or similar ERP) HCM, and Financials
- Minimum 3 years in a system administration role
- Minimum 3 years in a team lead or management role
- Minimum 3 years of practical Workday Administration experience outlined above, including the support and development of integrations using Workday Studio, Enterprise Interface Builder, and Core Connector
- Experience with post-deployment of Workday as a new HRIS and Financial System
- Experience developing and managing key process documentation, including procedures, user-guides and training material
- Ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously
- Experience with Workday Security Administration
- Experience implementing requirements, and testing the resulting business processes
- Working knowledge of software development life cycle activities (i.e., requirements, analysis, design, construction, testing, and deployment) is preferred
- Works well in a collaborative team environment
- Detail-oriented with solid analytical skills to identify problem areas and opportunities for remediation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities
- Demonstrated experience in Workday implementation and post-production environment as a primary technical resource
- Ability to work with people across the organization at all levels and with varying technical skill/knowledge
- Ability to work independently on projects and under pressure
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience working with and/or in Human Resources environments
- Workday training or certification is a plus
- Workday Pro Security certification preferred
- Workday Pro Financials certification preferred
- Workday Pro Financials Reporting certification preferred
- 5 years’ Accounting/Finance experience or 5 years HR experience
- 2 years’ Workday Security admin experience
- 2 years’ Workday Financials admin experience
- 2 years’ Workday Financials Reporting admin experience
- Experience in a global organization
This position will remain remote until it is safe to return to one of our offices in New York City, Washington D.C., Oakland, CA, Basalt or Boulder, CO. This will be discussed further throughout the interview process.
Important Note: As a U.S. federal contractor, RMI must comply with requirements outlined Executive Order Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors. This Executive Order requires that all federal contractors and subcontractors mandate and verify that all U.S. based employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are based in the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of full vaccination status as a condition of employment. You may request an accommodation for medical or religious reasons. If you are based outside of the U.S., this requirement does not apply.
RMI compensates based on the level and requirements of the role. Salary within our ranges may also be determined by your education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as required by the role, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data. Typically, new Administrators based in the U.S. join at the minimum to mid-salary range of $70,000- $82,000. You would also have an additional 5% bonus target!
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 403b retirement options (5% match immediately)
- Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- Professional and personal development (including LinkedIn Learning access)
- Generous paid time off
- Parental leave
- Commuter and wellness benefits
- Casual work environment that promotes work-life balance
Increasing the diversity of thought, perspectives, ideas and opinions within RMI is a critical change element supporting our long-term sustainability and mission to build a clean, prosperous, and secure energy future.
We strive for a level of diversity that reflects the communities we serve. Achieving this—regardless of ability, race, ethnicity, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, veteran status, socioeconomic class, educational attainment or other social identities—is critical to the success of each RMIer and collectively as an organization. This ensures that we:
- Have the different array of thinking that comes from diverse backgrounds and cultures, enabling us to solve some of the world’s greatest challenges.
- Strive for a culture of inclusion and belonging by treating others with dignity, respect and appreciation enabling them to feel welcomed, supported and valued.
- Effectively connect, communicate and build long-lasting relationships with decision makers, stakeholders and constituents within diverse communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
RMI is an independent nonprofit founded in 1982 that transforms global energy systems through market-driven solutions to align with a 1.5°C future and secure a clean, prosperous, zero-carbon future for all. We work in the world’s most critical geographies and engage businesses, policymakers, communities, and NGOs to identify and scale energy system interventions that will cut greenhouse gas emissions at least 50 percent by 2030. RMI has offices in Basalt and Boulder, Colorado; New York City; Oakland, California; Washington, D.C.; and Beijing.