Program Assistant - Carbon Free Buildings
15 days ago
Are you an administrative professional with exceptional organizational and communication skills? Do you find calm when organizing and sorting? Are you always looking for how to improve existing practices? Are you at your best when working on a variety of projects and tasks? Do you look into the future, proactively solving problems and anticipating opportunities? Do you take the initiative and like to work independently, but also as a collaborative team player? Do you enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting high powered individuals? If yes, then join our team!
We highly encourage individuals of underrepresented groups to apply!
RMI’s Carbon-Free Buildings program seeks to eliminate greenhouse gas emissions from U.S. buildings by 2045 through solutions that build a just and equitable energy transition for all.
Read more about our Carbon-Free Building Program here:
Applications are due on or before August 16th, 2022. Late applications may be considered as space allows.
As a Program Assistant you will serve as the liaison between the Carbon-Free Buildings Program leadership and internal and external contacts including business partners and donors. Additionally, you will assist with the day-to-day operations of the Carbon-Free Buildings Program. You will work in close collaboration with program leadership, the Program Operations Manager, Program Operations Leads, and the existing Program Assistant. You will become an integral partner in modeling the culture, efficiency, and mission of our team.
Professional Services and Support
- Provides comprehensive administrative support to Carbon-Free Buildings Principals and Managing Director (as needed). Administrative duties include:
- Managing files, scheduling appointments, and maintaining calendars
- Understanding priorities and commitments of the executives and can adjust, often with little advance notice
- Managing expense reporting, timesheets, and associated documentation
- Arranging domestic and international business travel
- Handles email requests and follows up as needed and in a timely manner
- Assists with the day-to-day administrative operations of the Carbon-Free Buildings program. This may include tasks such as:
- Timely submission of vendor invoices
- Agenda creation
- Problem solving
- Coordinating team-wide meetings and bi-annual retreats
- Driving team culture and bonding
- Actively seeks collaboration across the program and RMI
Travel Schedule and Support
- Creates and manages accurate and detailed logistical and booking details related to domestic and international travel (including visa applications)
- Supports and sometimes leads in team retreat planning and execution alongside the Program Operations Lead. This typically occurs twice yearly.
Technical and Tools Knowledge
- Acts as systems and process support for the Carbon-Free Buildings Program. This includes
- Maintaining working knowledge of and facility with office tools and software including Microsoft Office, Monday.com, Concur, Workday, Salesforce, AdobeSign and videoconference systems
- Understanding the basic functioning and troubleshooting of smart phones, printers, and other devices
- Maintaining file management system (SharePoint) including uploading documents, maintaining organization, granting permissions and resolving filesharing issues promptly with IT
- Actively pursues improvement in skill levels
- Three years of experience as an executive or administrative assistant in a professional environment or in a comparable position
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Calendar functions, videoconference systems and typical contact database software such as Salesforce
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Approaches tricky situations with a positive attitude and looks for solutions
- Experience planning domestic and international travel
- Can maintain strict confidentiality when accessing protected information
- Can graciously and efficiently handle unanticipated changes to schedules, plans and workloads
- Exhibits an elevated level of professionalism in interaction with others
- Proven ability to self-motivate
- Ability to interact with staff at all levels, often under pressure, remaining positive, flexible, proactive, resourceful, efficient, and managing multiple demands
- Good judgment and strong decision-making ability
- Picks up new skills quickly
- Can be counted on to assist with projects outside areas of primary responsibility and deliver work in the timeframe identified
- Experience engaging with executive level staff in corporations, foundations, government, and academic institutions
We are a remote-ready company with team members around the globe.
Please note that this position requires you to be located in Boulder, Co. or the vicinity.
Our beautiful and welcoming offices are available for meetings or focused work, whether you are traveling through or living nearby. Our U.S. offices are in New York City; Washington DC; Oakland, California; Boulder, Colorado, and Basalt, Colorado.
We provide you with the essential IT equipment plus a one-time home technology payment and a monthly work from home/commuter allowance to ensure you have a comfortable home office set up and necessary supplies.
We love seeing each other in person! We occasionally gather for shared time together like retreats and learning experiences. Be ready to travel for occasional in-person meetings (and of course, we cover travel costs). Some roles may require more travel, which will be discussed during the hiring process.
Important Note: As a U.S. federal contractor, RMI must comply with requirements outlined in Executive Order Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors. This Executive Order requires that all federal contractors and subcontractors mandate and verify that all U.S. based employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are based in the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of full vaccination status as a condition of employment. You may request accommodation for medical or religious reasons. If you are based outside of the U.S., this requirement does not apply.
RMI compensates based on the level and requirements of the role. Salary within our ranges may also be determined by your education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as required by the role, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data. Typically, new Program Assistants join at the minimum to mid hourly rate of $24.52-$28.85. You would also have an additional 5% bonus target!
We offer a comprehensive benefits package adjusted to regional norms, including (for U.S. employment):
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 403b retirement options (up to 5% match immediately)
- Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- Professional and personal development (including LinkedIn Learning access)
- Generous paid time off
- Parental leave
- Work from home and commuter allowance
Increasing the diversity of thought, perspectives, ideas and opinions within RMI is a critical change element supporting our long-term sustainability and mission to build a clean, prosperous, and secure energy future.
We strive for a level of diversity that reflects the communities we serve. Achieving this—regardless of ability, race, ethnicity, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, veteran status, socioeconomic class, educational attainment or other social identities—is critical to the success of each RMIer and collectively as an organization. This ensures that we:
- Have the different array of thinking that comes from diverse backgrounds and cultures, enabling us to solve some of the world’s greatest challenges.
- Strive for a culture of inclusion and belonging by treating others with dignity, respect and appreciation enabling them to feel welcomed, supported and valued.
- Effectively connect, communicate and build long-lasting relationships with decision makers, stakeholders and constituents within diverse communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
RMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
RMI is an independent nonprofit founded in 1982 that transforms global energy systems through market-driven solutions to align with a 1.5°C future and secure a clean, prosperous, zero-carbon future for all. We work in the world’s most critical geographies and engage businesses, policymakers, communities, and NGOs to identify and scale energy system interventions that will cut greenhouse gas emissions at least 50 percent by 2030. RMI has offices in Basalt and Boulder, Colorado; New York City; Oakland, California; Washington, D.C.; and Beijing.