Marketing and Communications Lead, US Program
30 days ago
RMI is seeking a Marketing and Communications Lead to support its US policy team. The ideal candidate will design and execute digital strategies and content to reach the right niche audiences, in the right way, at the right time. RMI’s US policy team focuses on domestic climate action and policy at the federal, state, and subnational (cities, towns, businesses, NGOs) levels. To learn more, explore our latest work and recent insights at rmi.org/us-program/ and via twitter.com/rmipolicy.
A successful candidate will be a strong team player who enjoys bringing communications strategies to life by leveraging original research, data, and subject matter experts. In addition, the Communications and Marketing Lead will partner with RMI teams across editorial (owned), design, earned (media), social media, and web to develop the most effective messages and campaigns.
We are looking for someone with three to five years of experience in communications, marketing, or journalism, with a passion for storytelling. A strong connection to RMI’s mission and expertise in clean energy policy is highly desired. Knowledge of energy and climate issues is a plus: This role will collaborate with related RMI programs focused on decarbonizing the grid, mobility, and industry, among others.
This position is geographically flexible and reports to the Strategic Communications Manager for the US Program. We highly encourage individuals of underrepresented groups to apply!
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
- Support communications to both internal and external stakeholders across multiple channels. Develop communication content and assets, including but not limited to: articles, blogs, media briefing documents, talking points, research reports, web and creative content, and social media posts.
- Manage communication projects from inception to completion, working with editorial, design, and media to ensure projects are completed on time and in line with requirements.
- Collect and analyze metrics for media and social campaigns.
- Facilitate introductions to members of the media and influencers for program experts
- Work with development and marketing teams to draft email campaigns to reach US Program key audiences.
- Strategize with clear goals, target audiences and tactical paths forward to execute a project.
- Regularly offer creative and fresh content ideas that can help promote RMI and introduce energy solutions to new audiences.
- Research and evaluate new communications and marketing tools as needed.
- Provide project-specific communications support as needed.
- Maintain and grow program-specific contact list in Salesforce/Pardot for direct marketing campaigns, newsletter distribution, and event invitations.
- 3-5 years’ experience in marketing and communications disciplines, with clear experience in developing strategies and leading successful communications campaigns.
- Excellent initiative, follow-through, and project management skills.
- Strong writing, editing, and verbal communications skills, including communicating at different levels of depth (more in-depth for industry audiences; simplified for lay audiences).
- A passion for public policy that advances climate and clean energy.
- A strong team player with excellent interpersonal/collaborative skills with staff and counterparts at all organizational levels and with external partners.
We are a remote-ready company with team members around the globe. Our beautiful and welcoming offices are available for meetings or focused work, whether you are traveling through or living nearby. Our U.S. offices are in New York City; Washington DC; Oakland, California; Boulder, Colorado, and Basalt, Colorado. This role can be located from anywhere in the continental United States.
We provide you with the essential IT equipment plus a one-time home technology payment and a monthly work from home/commuter allowance to ensure you have a comfortable home office set up and necessary supplies.
We love seeing each other in person! We occasionally gather for shared time together like retreats and learning experiences. Be ready to travel for occasional in-person meetings (and of course, we cover travel costs). Some roles may require more travel, which will be discussed during the hiring process.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package adjusted to regional norms, including (for U.S. employment):
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 403b retirement options (up to 5% match immediately)
- Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- Professional and personal development (including LinkedIn Learning access)
- Generous paid time off
- Parental leave
- Work from home and commuter allowance
RMI compensates based on the level and requirements of the role. Salary within our ranges may also be determined by your education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as required by the role, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data. Typically, new Leads join at the minimum to mid salary range of $ $68,000-82,000. You would also have an additional 10% bonus target!
Increasing the diversity of thought, perspectives, ideas and opinions within RMI is a critical change element supporting our long-term sustainability and mission to build a clean, prosperous, and secure energy future.
We strive for a level of diversity that reflects the communities we serve. Achieving this—regardless of ability, race, ethnicity, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, veteran status, socioeconomic class, educational attainment or other social identities—is critical to the success of each RMIer and collectively as an organization. This ensures that we:
Have the different array of thinking that comes from diverse backgrounds and cultures, enabling us to solve some of the world’s greatest challenges.
- Strive for a culture of inclusion and belonging by treating others with dignity, respect and appreciation enabling them to feel welcomed, supported and valued.
- Effectively connect, communicate and build long-lasting relationships with decision makers, stakeholders and constituents within diverse communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
RMI is an independent nonprofit founded in 1982 that transforms global energy systems through market-driven solutions to align with a 1.5°C future and secure a clean, prosperous, zero-carbon future for all. We work in the world’s most critical geographies and engage businesses, policymakers, communities, and NGOs to identify and scale energy system interventions that will cut greenhouse gas emissions at least 50 percent by 2030. RMI has offices in Basalt and Boulder, Colorado; New York City; Oakland, California; Washington, D.C.; and Beijing. RMI-India, a sister organization, has an office in New Delhi.