Early Career Recruiting Specialist/ Campus Recruiting Specialist
30+ days ago
Are you passionate about creating an unparalleled candidate experience and dedicated to inclusive and equitable hiring processes? Do you want to play an integral role in attracting, engaging and hiring people like you who can bring their talents to a growing, mission-oriented organization in an ever-changing industry? Do you thrive in a continuously moving, agile, team environment? Are you motivated to make an impact no matter the task? If so, then join our team!
We highly encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply!
RMI is seeking an early career recruiting specialist to be a part of our dynamic, Global Talent Acquisition team. Reporting to the Senior Talent Acquisition Manager, you will be comfortable with a full-cycle recruitment process across a mix of departments and roles. You should possess the keen ability to coordinate multiple projects and programs through effective time management and organizational skills. Your demonstrated communication, presentation, networking and customer-centric skills will also set you up for success. You are self-motivated and results-oriented yet enjoy being part of a dynamic team.
- Execute full-cycle recruitment for the internship program, and the Associate cohorts; This may include sourcing talent, interviewing, compiling feedback, coordinating end-to-end interview processes, strategizing with and supporting hiring managers, managing pipeline, reporting on metrics/data and partnering with other People Team members.
- Ensure a quality candidate and hiring team experience throughout the process
- Run an efficient, equitable, and thoughtful recruiting process that balances rapid growth with maintaining a high bar for talent
- Cultivate and expand partnerships with academic institutions, diversity partnerships, fellowships, business leaders, hiring teams, and intern managers; advise on market trends and candidate pipeline, with a focus on expanding access and marketing toward underrepresented groups in the clean energy industry
- Manage university funding relationships, keeping Development team informed
- Create and manage logistical and booking details for intern events, including facilitating payment and submitting expense reports
- Be primary contact for Internship Program and organizer/participant on career fairs and university information sessions
- Assist with additional DEI Strategic Relationship Outreach
- Provides interview scheduling support as needed
- Assists with the day-to-day administrative operations of the People Team as needed
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of in-house recruiting experience, U.S. college/university relations, or early career support
- Ability to manage recruiting for 50+ interns
- Experience with applicant tracking systems
- Experience in MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PPT)
- Willingness to travel up to 20% as public health conditions allow
- Experience in high-volume recruitment
- Experience with university and campus recruiting including planning and overseeing career fair participation
- Experience in high-growth, global organizations
- Experience hiring diverse and inclusive teams, and developing strategies that support and encourage those efforts
- Familiarity with clean energy/renewable energy industry
This position is fully remote; a successful applicant near our Washington, D.C., New York City, Basalt, CO, Boulder, CO, or Oakland, CA, offices would have the option to work from an office as needed.
Important Note: As a U.S. federal contractor, RMI must comply with requirements outlined Executive Order Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors. This Executive Order requires that all federal contractors and subcontractors mandate and verify that all U.S. based employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are based in the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of full vaccination status as a condition of employment. You may request an accommodation for medical or religious reasons. If you are based outside of the U.S., this requirement does not apply.
RMI compensates based on the level and requirements of the role. Salary within our ranges may also be determined by your education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as required by the role, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data. Typically, new Recruiting Specialists join at the minimum to mid salary range of $51,000-$60,000. You would also have an additional 5% bonus target!
We offer a comprehensive benefits package adjusted to regional norms, including (for U.S. employment):
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 403b retirement options (up to 5% match immediately)
- Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- Professional and personal development (including LinkedIn Learning access)
- Generous paid time off
- Parental leave
- Work from home and commuter allowance
Increasing the diversity of thought, perspectives, ideas and opinions within RMI is a critical change element supporting our long-term sustainability and mission to build a clean, prosperous, and secure energy future. We strive for a level of diversity that reflects the communities we serve. Achieving this—regardless of ability, race, ethnicity, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, veteran status, socioeconomic class, educational attainment or other social identities—is critical to the success of each RMIer and collectively as an organization. This ensures that we:
- Have the different array of thinking that comes from diverse backgrounds and cultures, enabling us to solve some of the world’s greatest challenges.
- Strive for a culture of inclusion and belonging by treating others with dignity, respect and appreciation enabling them to feel welcomed, supported and valued.
- Effectively connect, communicate and build long-lasting relationships with decision makers, stakeholders and constituents within diverse communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
RMI is an independent nonprofit founded in 1982 that transforms global energy systems through market-driven solutions to align with a 1.5°C future and secure a clean, prosperous, zero-carbon future for all. We work in the world’s most critical geographies and engage businesses, policymakers, communities, and NGOs to identify and scale energy system interventions that will cut greenhouse gas emissions at least 50 percent by 2030. RMI has offices in Basalt and Boulder, Colorado; New York City; Oakland, California; Washington, D.C.; and Beijing.