Communications Lead- Corporate Engagement
30+ days ago
Position Overview – Communications Lead, Corporate Engagement
RMI is seeking a Communications Lead to engage and activate the organization’s growing base of corporate stakeholders through professionally crafted articles, email newsletters, events, social media, website content, and more.
This position sits within the central Communications team and works closely with RMI’s Corporate Team, which manages relationships with leading multinational companies to inform and advance their climate action and impact across RMI program areas.
The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years’ experience crafting communications for corporate audiences and well-versed in climate and sustainability issues. S/he will be comfortable working across multiple workstreams and program areas to synthesize complex and technical information into clear, easily digestible communications for a range of corporate stakeholders, from C-suite leaders to sustainability officers and business unit leads.
This position reports to the Strategic Communications Director – Strategy & Planning and can be located in any RMI’s office (Boulder or Basalt, CO; Oakland, CA; Washington D.C.; or New York, NY). Remote positions will also be considered.
We highly encourage individuals of underrepresented groups to apply!
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead execution of the corporate communications strategy for RMI
- Develop, coordinate, and deliver integrated corporate communications plans for RMI program areas and the central Corporate Team
- Drive awareness and interest in RMI among corporates to grow our partnership and impact through targeted email campaigns, events communications, written articles, newsletters, and other collateral
- Develop substantive understanding of the technical content most relevant to corporations and be able to translate and articulate key insights and takeaways for a range of corporate stakeholders
- Collaborate with and leverage in-house communications capabilities (i.e., editorial, design, web, traditional and social media) to develop collateral and content for corporations, including through blogs, articles, the website, social media channels, newsletters, and other avenues.
- Develop and report against metrics of success for outreach
- Direct RMI technical experts into content shaped on corporate audience needs and provide strategic advice on content, messaging, and delivery
- Steward RMI’s brand across all communications channels and opportunities
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- 3-5 years’ experience in marketing and communications disciplines, with experience in corporate communications
- Excellent initiative and follow-through and project management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including communicating at different levels of depth (more in-depth for industry audiences; simplified for lay audiences)
- Basic knowledge of webinar platforms (like Zoom) and advanced understanding of MS Office suite
- Some experience or knowledge of climate and sustainability issues
- Meticulous attention to detail
- A strong team player with excellent interpersonal / collaborative skills with staff and counterparts at all organizational levels and with external partners
- Passion for RMI’s mission and theory of change
- High intellectual curiosity
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
This position will remain remote through the COVID-19 pandemic. Once the COVID-19 situation improves, this role would ideally be based at one of our offices (Boulder/Basalt, CO; New York, NY; Oakland, CA; D.C.), though remote roles will be considered. This will be discussed further throughout the interview process.
RMI compensates based on the level and requirements of the role. Salary within our ranges may also be determined by your education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as required by the role, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data. Typically, new Program Communications Leads based in the U.S. join at the minimum to mid-salary range of $63,000- $74,000. You would also have an additional 5% bonus target!
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 403b retirement options (5% match immediately)
- Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- Professional and personal development (including LinkedIn Learning access)
- Generous paid time off
- Parental leave
- Commuter and wellness benefits
- Casual work environment
Increasing the diversity of thought, perspectives, ideas and opinions within RMI is a critical change element supporting our long-term sustainability and mission to build a clean, prosperous, and secure energy future.
We strive for a level of diversity that reflects the communities we serve. Achieving this—regardless of ability, race, ethnicity, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, socioeconomic class, educational attainment or other social identities—is critical to the success of each RMIer and collectively as an organization, ensuring that we:
- Have the different array of thinking that comes from diverse backgrounds and cultures, enabling us to solve some of the world’s greatest challenges.
- Strive for a culture of inclusion and belonging by treating others with dignity, respect and appreciation enabling them to feel welcomed, supported and valued.
- Effectively connect, communicate and build long-lasting relationships with decision makers, stakeholders and constituents within diverse communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
RMI is an independent nonprofit founded in 1982 that transforms global energy systems through market-driven solutions to align with a 1.5°C future and secure a clean, prosperous, zero-carbon future for all. We work in the world’s most critical geographies and engage businesses, policymakers, communities, and NGOs to identify and scale energy system interventions that will cut greenhouse gas emissions at least 50 percent by 2030. RMI has offices in Basalt and Boulder, Colorado; New York City; Oakland, California; Washington, D.C.; and Beijing.