IT Support Technician- Temporary
Boulder, CO, United States
30+ days ago
RMI is seeking an IT Support Technician with exceptional analytical, troubleshooting and communication skills to support a rapidly growing, increasingly international organization. The ideal candidate will provide excellent customer service and have good technical aptitude. This role will report to the IT Systems and Helpdesk manager, and will work closely with other members of the IT team including the business systems team, and the network and infrastructure team.
Please note that this is a temporary role lasting 3 months
We highly encourage individuals of underrepresented groups to apply!
- First point of contact for our managed services team to monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT helpdesk.
- Position is onsite in our Boulder office, travel to other offices may be required.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming concerns and issues related to systems, software, and hardware.
- Respond to customer queries in person, by phone, and email.
- Build and ship Mac and PC laptops for New Hires and break fixes. (Includes managing our stock of loaner laptops)
- Document internal procedures
- Maintain internal dashboards and other tracking tools
- Maintain daily performance of computer systems
- Work through the problem-solving process with customers, empowering them to do the same in the future.
- Run diagnostics to resolve problems.
- Collect feedback to determine patterns and issues for root cause analysis so that they can be resolved, or FAQs can be provided to customer to ease in troubleshooting
- Maintain peripherals for hotel desks in the Boulder office
- Responsibility for maintaining onsite technology including phones, printers, AV.
- AV and Zoom event support - managing breakout rooms, support AV for onsite events
- Support administration for CRM/Database tools including but not limited to Workday, Salesforce, and Pardot.
- Two years of experience providing technical support Office 365, Azure Active Directory, Exchange Online, Azure, and other related technologies.
- Two years of AV support and troubleshooting
- Knowledge base maintenance and document management experience
- Familiarity with networking and network devices.
- Helpful, positive attitude, desire to proactively support RMI’s mission.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Successful candidate will be a self-motivated, independent learner, who can successfully utilize all available tools to find solutions to problems where the answer is not readily apparent.
- Experience configuring and supporting Mac OS and Windows environments.
- Experience with computer deploy and automated computer configuration technologies including AutoPilot and Intune.
- Familiarity with endpoint backup solutions.
- Experience in a global organization a plus
- Technical documentation skills
- Project coordination skills
- Ability to effectively multitask and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and exceptional accuracy
This role will be based at the RMI office in Boulder, CO
Important Note: As a U.S. federal contractor, RMI must comply with requirements outlined in Executive Order Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors. This Executive Order requires that all federal contractors and subcontractors mandate and verify that all U.S. based employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are based in the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of full vaccination status as a condition of employment. You may request accommodation for medical or religious reasons. If you are based outside of the U.S., this requirement does not apply.
RMI compensates based on the level and requirements of the role. Salary within our ranges may also be determined by your education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as required by the role, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data. Typically, new temporary associates join at the minimum to mid hourly pay rate of $22.60-$26.00.
Increasing the diversity of thought, perspectives, ideas and opinions within RMI is a critical change element supporting our long-term sustainability and mission to build a clean, prosperous, and secure energy future.
We strive for a level of diversity that reflects the communities we serve. Achieving this—regardless of ability, race, ethnicity, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, veteran status, socioeconomic class, educational attainment or other social identities—is critical to the success of each RMIer and collectively as an organization. This ensures that we:
- Have the different array of thinking that comes from diverse backgrounds and cultures, enabling us to solve some of the world’s greatest challenges.
- Strive for a culture of inclusion and belonging by treating others with dignity, respect and appreciation enabling them to feel welcomed, supported and valued.
- Effectively connect, communicate and build long-lasting relationships with decision makers, stakeholders and constituents within diverse communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
RMI is an independent nonprofit founded in 1982 that transforms global energy systems through market-driven solutions to align with a 1.5°C future and secure a clean, prosperous, zero-carbon future for all. We work in the world’s most critical geographies and engage businesses, policymakers, communities, and NGOs to identify and scale energy system interventions that will cut greenhouse gas emissions at least 50 percent by 2030. RMI has offices in Basalt and Boulder, Colorado; New York City; Oakland, California; Washington, D.C.; and Beijing.