At the Rainforest Alliance we are looking for an experienced Senior Director of Global Financial Planning & Analysis to lead the global FP&A department. This candidate will be responsible for the company's long-term financial health and growth and focus on operational excellence in our current practices to increase efficiencies. The Senior Director of Global FP&A will work closely with the global accounting team, the department heads and regional leadership to monitor, analyze, forecast and report the financial performance of our global organization.
This role reports to the Chief Finance Officer who is part of a wider Leadership Team spearheading our ambitious 2023-2030 strategy to further strengthen our organizational impact and scale and grow globally. This individual will help drive productivity and impact across the organization through financial data that will help prioritize and support decision making effectively.
There are three pillars of responsibility for this role:
1. Lead FP&A efforts for annual budget creation, quarterly reforecasts, ad hoc analysis and overall financial performance
- Partner with department heads, regional directors and leadership team to drive organizational financial health and growth;
- Leads global and regional FP&A deliverables organized by department/business unit, as well as company-wide KPIs and metrics for organizational performance;
- Leads FP&A activities across all regions, including frequent financial outlooks, quarterly (at minimum) forecasting, and annual budgeting;
- Directs projects and initiatives focused on improving operational excellence throughout the finance organization;
- Generate Monthly Business Review, Board of Directors, and other management presentations as needed;
- Own various ad hoc analysis and presentations as needed.
2. Lead team of regional and global FP&A managers responsible for data collection and business partnership with leadership
- Develops strategy for FP&A function, team structure and resource allocation necessary to support the needs of the organization;
- Ensure deliverables are on-time and accurate against timelines and requirements set forth by CFO and leadership team;
- Lead, support, motivate and inspire the team, championing a culture of learning and accountability.
3. Management of Technical model development
- Partner with CFO on forecasting needs, strategic alignment and business model development through model creation and data accessibility;
- Directing forecasting and reporting models, utilizing expert Excel and data organizational skills to bring in data sets, process for information desired, and output clean, easy to view reporting;
- Educate and coach FP&A team on model structure, formula usage and best practices for clean reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration with a concentration in Accounting or Finance (or equivalent experience);
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in financial planning, analysis and reporting;
- Excellent people management skills. Enterprise leadership with proven record of leading teams in a dynamic environment;
- Expert-level/advanced financial modelling and Excel work experience
- Experience using computerized accounting systems, Netsuite preferred;
- Strong math, analytical and technical skills; highly organized and customer service oriented;
- Experience managing government grants with sub-recipient grant programs preferred;
- Experience working in an international non-government organization preferred;
- Ability to partner with a range of stakeholders from finance and non-finance backgrounds to drive performance;
- Excellent organizational skills with emphasis on project and financial management;
- Outstanding communication skills and executive presence;
- Ability to operate with considerable independence and as a member of a team, show good judgment, and take initiative;
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 10% of the time, nationally and internationally.
Job level: 1A*
Salary range: $150 000 to $180 000 per annum
Deadline:12 February 2024
Notes:Only candidates authorized to work in locations in which we are registered will be considered.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department:firstname.lastname@example.org
WHO WE ARE:
The Rainforest Alliance is creating a more sustainable world by using social and market forces to protect nature and improve the lives of farmers and forest communities. To achieve our mission, we partner with diverse allies around the world to drive positive change across global supply chains and in many of our most critically important natural landscapes.
Our alliance spans 70 countries and includes farmers and forest communities, companies, governments, civil society, and millions of individuals. Together we work to protect forests and biodiversity, take action on climate, and promote the rights and improve the livelihoods of rural people.
As an international nonprofit organization with more than 30 years of experience in sustainability transformation, we understand that the social and economic well-being of rural communities is tightly connected to ecosystem health. This knowledge has shaped our rigorous programs to advance sustainable land-use and commodity production.
At the Rainforest Alliance we combat climate change, protect forests and biodiversity, promote human rights, and improve livelihoods. The enormity of the social and environmental challenges we are facing requires working together in a broad alliance. This is why we bring farmers, forest communities, companies, and consumers together to change the way the world produces, sources, and consumes.
To protect nature and improve lives it’s becoming increasingly urgent that we approach the way we use our land and produce food and other products in more sustainable ways. For this to succeed we need to fundamentally change the way that businesses operate and source, and the choices we all make as consumers.
Our growing global alliance aims to transform our relationship with our natural resources and each other, to create a better future for people and nature together.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability, and any other protected group.